Chainsaw sales from Ford Transit

TRADITIONAL LOGGERS

As I understand it, and I don't know the varesity of this statement as I'm relating it from third hand information told to me.

One of the primary reasons that the police are unwilling to enter travelling communities and make arrests is due to their very transient nature. That is once they make an arrest, they have to expend a massive amount of time and energy filling in all the paperwork, secure evidence and witness statements. In the meantime once the suspects are released from custody, they return back to camp, up sticks, and move on to wreak havoc elsewhere. By the time a case comes to court, the accused have long gone, the police and courts have wasted a lot and time & money, with nothing to show for it, eventually the charges are dropped are not persued because the police and courts do not have the resources to traipse around the country trying to track down the miscreants.

Long story short, its cheaper to do nothing because its to much hassle and not worth the paperwork. Added to that, there is no political will to target these individuals, who'll be screaming about the abuse of their Human Rights, the moment you set foot on their (often illegal) campsite.

For your average plod force its the preverbial shitty stick with poo at both ends, whichever end they grasp they are left with mud in their eye. Its easier for them to do nothing and hope the problems moves on fairly soon.

Of course you could all lobby the newly elected public Police Commissioner type person that you voted for last year to get them to try and change their forces emphasis on how they deal with these kinds of criminals.

Thats what they're there for. Thats what you voted for, so that you the people would have a voice on how your local constabulary is run, to represent your concerns. You did vote, did'nt you!?!? :sneaky2:

Thats why I borrowed a JCB and a van full of blokes to get a chipper back years ago!! Then I got nicked for assault and criminal damage, all charges got dropped but I'd have quite happily done time for it!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive been approached 4 times in the last month. Unless you tell them where to go from the off, they wont leave you alone.

I've heard some horror stories of people thinking there getting a bargain... get suckered in and then they open their cash purchase to find a box of rocks.

I won't express my opinion on the subject as it WILL land me in trouble with the mods!!

Do these people still have irish accents state side?

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Good question. Here stateside the accent is different than others I have heard.

The evasive nature of their conversations that I have had over the years has left me with a uneasy feeling, not good for the

easy-lift guy

These chainsaws were visible in the back of the van. (might be stolen and could be Chinese rubbish) This is the 3rd time so have now decided on leaving a large piece of hard wood at entrance and asking for a demo. (cut the whole section up into slices in less than 10mins and I am interested)

Needless to mention at the same time someone will be calling the Police.

This happened in Derbyshire and the Police have attended on all times however the people had gone but it had 4 units out looking.

Have had three separate lots of the Caravan Utilising Nomadic Travellers offering chainsaws & generators here (West Glamorgan) in the last week!

Police here only interested in issuing crime nos. - a complete waste of time & money. The only thing they police enthusiastically is speeding.

Police here only interested in issuing crime nos. - a complete waste of time & money. The only thing they police enthusiastically is speeding.

Presumably because middle class man doing 35 in a 30 is unlikely to beat them to death from behind with a shovel and bury their charred remains in a shallow grave at the edge of the local woods.... :001_huh::lol:

It would be much easier if being a thieving traveling scumbag were made a capital offence. With overpopulation an issue in the UK, it's one way of easing the situation.

It's just depressing really. I've only ever had one such visiting trades pitch, and hope never to have another.