Sound familiar to anyone

sandbach-sticks

Firewood business

“The biggest thing about this business, as far as I’m concerned, is that I love what I do. I’m not just doing it to make money. I love the work, and the fact that I make money doing it seems like a happy surprise. I’m passionate about what I’m doing, and believe I’m on the cutting edge. If there was a firewood association, I think I’d be at the top, pushing for regulations and some sort of cohesiveness, establishing guidelines for everyone to follow.”

Jack, 36, has been married for six years. “Jodi is a great wife, very supportive,” he said. His hobbies are physical fitness, hockey, and golf. He’s an avid tournament golfer who plays with a 6 handicap.

“For the first 10 years I worked 10 hours a day, six days a week, and I’m not above jumping on a machine or picking up a chain saw if there’s a need. Recently when I bought a new yard, which had to be ready in a month, I put in 20-hour days.”

“When I work I am totally involved in it, and as a result I can step back and use the rewards that the business affords. I could make much more money, but a bunch of money won’t make you happy.”

Jack said his brother-in-law once told him something that stuck in his mind. “The sign of a successful business, he told me, is being able to step away from it and have it still function as if you were there. I have good people working for me. I pay them well. By being willing to delegate authority, I can love my business without getting burned out.”

Firewood business

“The biggest thing about this business, as far as I’m concerned, is that I love what I do. I’m not just doing it to make money. I love the work, and the fact that I make money doing it seems like a happy surprise. I’m passionate about what I’m doing, and believe I’m on the cutting edge. If there was a firewood association, I think I’d be at the top, pushing for regulations and some sort of cohesiveness, establishing guidelines for everyone to follow.”

Jack, 36, has been married for six years. “Jodi is a great wife, very supportive,” he said. His hobbies are physical fitness, hockey, and golf. He’s an avid tournament golfer who plays with a 6 handicap.

“For the first 10 years I worked 10 hours a day, six days a week, and I’m not above jumping on a machine or picking up a chain saw if there’s a need. Recently when I bought a new yard, which had to be ready in a month, I put in 20-hour days.”

“When I work I am totally involved in it, and as a result I can step back and use the rewards that the business affords. I could make much more money, but a bunch of money won’t make you happy.”

Jack said his brother-in-law once told him something that stuck in his mind. “The sign of a successful business, he told me, is being able to step away from it and have it still function as if you were there. I have good people working for me. I pay them well. By being willing to delegate authority, I can love my business without getting burned out.”

So Glad you are happy . :001_smile: