Japa 100 or hakki pilke eagle

muttley9050

Hi guys, looking at buying a saw bench splitter combo, have priced the two above models hakki:£1660 delivered+vat, japa100: £2130+delivery+vat.

So my question is, which is better, i prefer look of hakki and its a lot cheaper. Is there any other saw/splitter combos im missing?

Advice much appreciated,

Thanks

James

Palax do/did one - don't know the model number off hand though.

Several years ago I looked at both the japa and the HP but went for the HP eagle as it felt the right way round for me (this was when they were just a mirror image of each other)

Mine was a slightly different design on the slitter compared to the new ones but hardly noticable. I really liked mine. Sold it to buy a processor and whilst the processor was good on the right stuff, I wished I'd hung on to the eagle.

Thanks Chris, i prefer the look of the eagle too, and i think the price difference swings it. Just wondering really if you got more for your money with the japa but obviously not.

Thanks again

James

I spoke to Richard at Fuelwood at the APF about the japa 100 as they didn't have one on the stand. He'd said that Japa had redesigned it a fair bit and it made it more expensive so he couldn't see it being as popular.

I've not seen a new one but it must be some fair amount of changes from the old one to be so much dearer now.

Agreed, had a look at the palax55 now aswell, looks good but only 200mm cut in one pass. others do 270mm. U can get a palax with an engine though

which is appealing but its £3000+vat.

Pretty sure im gunna get the eagle and mount an engine on it myself, got a couple in the shed that would run it i think.

Thanks for your input,much appreciated

James

Have you considered one of these Pi?o - ?uparka BGU SSM 250 Z - YouTube

A good bit more expensive then the cone splitter/circular saw combi's (I think i was quoted about 4.5k), but a little more productive.

Only downside is everything that is cut has to pass through the splitter chamber here, so not the machine for processing lots of 4'' stuff.

Looks nice rowan, i know you can get a small hakki processor for around £5000 too, but the problem i have is I only have a small tractor. 15hp pto would run it fine, but question if it could lift it. Im still trying to buy woodland at moment, so just forward planning at mo, my plan i think will be a hakki pilke eagle, which i will also fit engine to, and eventually get a hakki 25 carry, if i can find a big enough market to sell to etc.

Thanks for your input, out of interest, do you know the uk dealer for that machine.

James

Afraid not, the Irish dealer is this crowd murphy brothers home page

Seems they have a UK base as well? Might be worth a shot?

Personally, I prefer the billet system for small scale firewood production. I invested in a good vertical splitter with 1.2m stroke, and found cross cutting 40 billets at a time in a home-made rack with chainsaw far quicker then processing individual lengths on a circular saw.

I hope you find yourself a nice woodland!

Looks nice rowan, i know you can get a small hakki processor for around £5000 too, but the problem i have is I only have a small tractor. 15hp pto would run it fine, but question if it could lift it. Im still trying to buy woodland at moment, so just forward planning at mo, my plan i think will be a hakki pilke eagle, which i will also fit engine to, and eventually get a hakki 25 carry, if i can find a big enough market to sell to etc.

Thanks for your input, out of interest, do you know the uk dealer for that machine.

James

If you do go down the Hakki Eagle route, PM me and I'll find you your nearest one of our authorised dealers if that helps you out.