Horse Jumps

harvey b davison

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Chris, those coloured ones in your last picture are the type of ones i am thinking about to start off with. Should i get in touch with the bsja to get detailed plans from them. What did you use for the poles.

Most agricultural stores or fencing suppliers should have or be able to get you 4" machine round tanalised poles easy enough - most of the time you need to let them dry for a few months before they are ready to prepare for painting. Cheapest is to buy by the full pack direct from the docks in Hull but that's something like 100 poles at a time.

It might have all changed but BSJA used to send you out a set of plans for about £10. Those in the last pic were based on the BSJA ones but slightly smaller and using more conventional sizes of timber (the BSJA ones from memory used 4x2 1/2 and 3 x 1 1/2 - odd sizes to get hold of easily anyway)

Depends on who your target market is as to what's best to start making - The standard wings and basic fillers were always good sellers but the practice stands went out in most volume.

I've not been up to the farm for a year or two but think I might still have all my old templates for wings, practice stands, possibly some fillers, some XC fences and definitely the sheep and Pig fillers - if it's something you fancy trying they'd save you a fair bit of hard work. Should also be the racks I made up for painting poles on too and maybe a few other odds and sods.