Will the friction hitch become extinct?

holdatcharlie

I climb mainly on the SJ, rarely on the RW but was taught on 3 strand tying everything from the one piece of rope so can go back to that if everything else if falling down around my ears. Had my main climber today working with just an old school prussic. Asked him if he wanted a micro pulley to help but he was happy as larry just as he was.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a cinch on my strop but it's left hand use only and is now redundant. I prefer a michoacan hitch with a micro pulley. Works sweet as. Just the left hand operation of the cinch felt all wrong.

That's a hitch I've never tried, must give it a go some time.

Interesting what you say about the cinch on the left. Did it put the lever the wrong way up for you?

(Incidentally I'm only awake because my 2 year old is kicking off and screaming the house down wanting to get in our bed!)

It does work just fine on the left, in fact I was told it was supposed to be left hand use only but it just feels unnatural. The cinch works fine, easy to tend slack etc but I just don't like the feel. I'm always going to unclip with my left hand and then have to stop myself. Horses for courses I suppose.

I was shown michoacan by a friend and work colleague. Works beautifully. Never seems to tighten up and the only time it's stopped working is when it was gunked up with Doug Fir sap but then everything gave up the ghost.

That's a hitch I've never tried, must give it a go some time.

Interesting what you say about the cinch on the left. Did it put the lever the wrong way up for you?

(Incidentally I'm only awake because my 2 year old is kicking off and screaming the house down wanting to get in our bed!)

Simon have you knot:001_tt2: got the knot guide app?

Well worth the money and some great hitches to use!

Just don't use the spong :lol:

The Zigzag is a gadget? Ha!

That's what I thought yesterday!

Today a group of about thirty Dutch arbs where able to test the Zigzag.

Long story short?

Frozen climbing lines, dry lines. And the outcome is? THE SAME in every situation. That's not what I get with my VT.

In two months my hitch gets ditched!

Retail in The Netherlands will be €155,00. IMHO that's pocket money for a product that replaces a cord that needs to be replaced every now and then.

Verstuurd van mijn GT-S5690 met Tapatalk