Stihl 026

div_h

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ands its got a bout 1/4 of a tank of fuel in it and there's a lot Of fuel coming from the tank vent :( peed off :thumbdown:

Makes me wonder if someone has removed part of the vent causing it to leak?? It won't stop it working though!

Have you checked the wires off the coil that go over the top AV mount - they can chafe and earth themselves cocking up your spark:thumbdown:

Pull off theairbox cover and look at the wiring to the left hand side of the sparkplug!

I don't know where paisley is exactly but if you wanted me to take a look at the stihl let me know. I love stihls purely because its the one saw I have worked on a lot. I have only ever worked on one husky before so I concentrate all my knowledge to them.

I'm thinking the tank breather is the wrong one or has been ill fitted before. Could just be plain broken.

The fuel cap, was it a new cap fitted. I have had trouble with these caps in the past and have had to "trim" a small amount to get them to seal properly. (Poor manufacturing of them)

The cutting out when in use could be anything from dodgy wires getting caught on the mounts to a leaking carb boot or ill fitted carb

Scrap it and get another husky! The statistics speak for themselves!

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Sorry I didn't get to finish the post. The lifeboat pager went and I had to run. Just been stood down. 13hrs on a lifeboat. :thumbup:

I have only really worked on one husky and that was to replace the rings. Another small husky was to replace the dogs and chain tensioner.

Sorry I didn't get to finish the post. The lifeboat pager went and I had to run. Just been stood down. 13hrs on a lifeboat. :thumbup:

I have only really worked on one husky and that was to replace the rings. Another small husky was to replace the dogs and chain tensioner.

I'm worried Rich - most Huskys only have one ring:lol:

Good work Re - the RNLI:thumbup:

Sorry spud yes RING.

Be woken up a bit now after dozing off all day on the sofa. It's been horrible as I have only been asleep for an hour at a time.

Many thanks for the praise over RNLI. I enjoy it.

Yes - very good cause, my neighbour is a keen sailor out of Southampton and his daughter did the Global yacht challenge a few years back and he is keen supporter!