Do any fungi inparticular target sycamore?

Mozza

As title.

Im going to look at a sycamore this weekend, That apparently has small mushroom like fungi up the trunk and appears pretty dead to the home owner, As im not well up on my diseases i was wondering if one particular fungi is common on sycamore?? Or could it be anything??

Cheers

Moz

Aye ill be taking the camera Pete mate, Its more for my own knowledge really as i im pretty well up on my Arb bullshit and i know i could tell her pretty much any disease and she probably wouldnt question it (i know the purists on here will hate that haha) but id like to know more about diseases.

Pics to follow at some time over the weekend, Although i go to Barcelona on monday so it might be in a week or so.

Plus Pete i may have a mature lime that ill need you to climb in the near future matey, Ill keep you posted :001_cool:

Aye ill be taking the camera Pete mate, Its more for my own knowledge really as i im pretty well up on my Arb bullshit and i know i could tell her pretty much any disease and she probably wouldnt question it (i know the purists on here will hate that haha)

No S**T bullsh****g people is the thing that I hate the most :thumbdown:

if its a small, coral shaped orange colony (Nectria cinnabarina) spreading up the trunk, often found on sycamore then it is nothing to worry about - the reason it is colonising the necrotic bark may be though. Pound to a pinch of sh*t its sooty bark disease (Cryptostroma corticales) and then coral spot has colonised the dead tissue. Probably anyway.....