Tis the season to see Fungi, fa la la la la....

David Humphries

Couple more from the outing. Closer shot of the fistulinas on the oak

not turning my friend, I knew you was turned at croft castle!:001_cool:

Good find, i think i can safely say you have the skills mastered, once your able to see colonisations in the trees rather than in the fungi themselves your life amoung the trees will take on a new meaning.

your certificates in the post!:thumbup1:

just got back from a trip to Brede wood near Seddlescombe, found a few interesting items. one day i plan to sit down and learn about some of these but until then i'm posting pictures galore :blushing:

The most interesting find was rather close to the nearby resivoir, i climbed down into a gully to look at a different tree and this caught my eye, an interesting physical reaction by the tree to the decay possibly caused by this fruiting body. On a seperate note whilst crossing the basin of this untrodden gully, i found my self thigh high in muddy leaf litter, rather unsettling, but entertaining nonetheless as i appeared to have been half consumed by the earth in so much as three steps. The missus laughed at least, i nearly pissed myself.:blushing:

PA080212.jpg.3527ec5674f58940483564d0a121d9eb.jpg

PA080213.jpg.795db7df09eb4425528acbba77413fb5.jpg

PA080211.jpg.3f65b936823ac99ab1f4e75ada405ff4.jpg

PA080210.jpg.24643d6c04e6a803dec1018a391cf99f.jpg

PA080204.jpg.011ce54c38018c60aa5c6bc830572df0.jpg

hericium cirrhatus well done!:thumbup1: notify the land owners! and bulgaria iquinans

i really needed a boost today, seeing your posts has made me smile

:thumbup1: glad to hear it :) it was at a national trust place not sure how to do that? I saw it and went ooooo I know you'll like this!

I'm thinking about a revisit to croft castle to get some images of the fistulinas we saw. They should be well developed by now. Plus there's a lad on my course who has asked me to let him know when I'm going on any more trips, another one for the army? :biggrin: could do another day at whip if your free over the next couple of weeks.

:thumbup1: glad to hear it :) it was at a national trust place not sure how to do that? I saw it and went ooooo I know you'll like this!

I'm thinking about a revisit to croft castle to get some images of the fistulinas we saw. They should be well developed by now. Plus there's a lad on my course who has asked me to let him know when I'm going on any more trips, another one for the army? :biggrin: could do another day at whip if your free over the next couple of weeks.

well whip is my local so its easy for me! remind me when we go to GPS lock all the fistulina trees, ive got a few in there you should see as well.

There is no need to go all the way to croft or whippendell, there must be sites local to you where you can continue the research into this interaction?

but more than happy to take you round again.

There's a couple. But nothing as significant as croft or whip. Dunham is good but it was still too 'managed' for my liking. I'll go back to Dunham Massey and have a good walk. They had a large area of vets blocked off because of deer rutting. The weather wasn't brilliant so it didn't make it too nice to be walking around so I'll go back when it's drier.

I'd go to croft just to retrace our steps to shoot some of those castaneas again and have another look at the mega oak :thumbup:

I'll see what I can do, are there any other areas of whip we didn't go through that would be good 'fungting' grounds? :biggrin: