Sex education

Jason James Gairn

Well I cant remember what I told my lads, but so far as the drinking alcohol bit goes I led by example. They were shown first hand what happens if you consume too much alcohol, and to my disappointment, neither of them drink yet!! As far as sex edumacation goes, if they had a question, it was answered as bluntly as possible, in words that they can understand. I dont think it was as young as 10, maybe nearer 14. Drugs, as far as I'm aware, havent reared their heads to date. I dont think there is a right or wrong way to tell your kids the facts of life, so long as they are'nt left to find out things for themselves.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have two kids.Girl 14 and son 10. They both know everything about the birds and the bees. Daughter does not want anything to do with boys that involves sex (yet) and my son just wants to go out with the blonde from girls aloud. I could not believe how early they covered the subject at primary school. Having said that it's not a taboo subject now in our house and it's quite nice to know the kids have a very good understanding. It's suprising what the kids learn,by just been around when lads turn up for work and discuss their weekend bender.

........ It's suprising what the kids learn,by just been around when lads turn up for work and discuss their weekend bender.

LOL Isn't that true !! I reckon on reflection I learnt alot from the lads my Dad worked with and not all good !!

Love the look on your lads face, "you put it where"?

My kids are 10 and 12 and I nearly asked them what they knew about sex, lives and relationships last time they came to stay, on the point of asking I bottled it. I remembered the talk my Dad had with me and my bro, I couldn't work out who was embarressed most, us or him. Him for finding out how much we knew or us for admitting we knew and how we found out.

I've always tried to get my kids to feel easy about asking anything and I'll try and answer honestly, failing that - Google it!

Perhaps I'll square upto the job now.

Im also lucky (or not) as Shreks we bro is, my mrs is also a Midwife so there is no embarresment involved in the sex ed, My eldest daughter is 11 going on 15 and in my opinion should be aware of these facts from us here Parents and not her mates from school.

We are only trying to do our best for our kids so they dont make mistakes in lifes choices.

(If in doubt chase all boys from property with 066)