timber trailer & crane combi Tractor drawn

Yorkshireman

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would agree with Stevie and had the same set up myself.

Disadvantages of a roof mount are you lose reach and it can make it unstable, far better on a short king post behind the cab.

Advantages - makes the tractor much more versatile, you can crane feed a chipper, dismantle small butts, tow and load an ag trailer, tow and load a timber trailer.

This option is fairly expensive, make sure you get solid wheels and reverse drive is a real bonus.

The other option (and the cheapest) is to get a timber trailer and run a decent tractor, MF 390T are good if you can find one !

Disadvantages are you can only really lift and shift butts as small bits will fall out.

Third option is an ag trailer with a botex / timber crane on, these are fairly expensive and will take quite a battering.

Best piece of kit you'll ever spend money on. The lack of road speed isn't really an issue. Leave 10 mins before the lads and on an average journey you'll get to site the same time.

Since my guys saw this they haven't stopped pestering me for one similar (and they want the Mog)...... Do they think money grows on trees?

(on second thoughts, that's a dumb question on this particular forum :blushing: )

go on angus dig deep, the mog would be ideal for you on the island, acprice is now doing a pto vac/blower. stick that on the front and away you go, chip,deliver,blow into hopper. one man operation.:001_smile:

got this one, can be unstable with heavy logs and this one bounces like a bitc# when driving down the road. we even crane load the 30 ton splitter.

have also used a crane pm loader with seat and hiab with seat, both had foot pedals too, preferred those to the roof mount but not as versatile but more stable

oh the tyres are full of water too

597653ce3bb83_firewood020.jpg.849c033014dae99bcbf54ee25aef7600.jpg

597653ce3a11e_firewood080.jpg.f1de16128471e91fa792e66454de8309.jpg

Edited by firewoodman
add

Hi Guys, Interesting about the Timber Trailer and crane.

I know someone who has one and am trying to find out more info as Ive got a customer in Bonnie Scotland looking for one.

Can you let me know which spec/ manufacturer is best. Im not too well up on these but has been mentioned about Botex??

Any info gratefully received.

Baz