The Kelly kettle owners thread

Adam Bourne

Some of you may know I received one from a contractor at Christmas, and I'm over the moon with it, I thought having a spider gas stove burner was ideal for me, so I put up a thread on buying a decent flask, in the thread someone told me to get a Kelly kettle but I already had my stove so a flask was my priority.

If it had not been for the fact I had one given to me as a present I probably would never of bought one, but how obnoxious could I have been to not realise what an amazing piece of ingenuity it really is.

So who owns one? What extras have you bought for it? What do you recommend for it? And also are there things I should be doing to keep it in tip top condition?

For those who are thinking of buying one or in the market for a stove of some sort I can't highly recommend this kettle enough.

:thumbup:

#teabreakhasneverbeensomuchfun :laugh1:

Adam

1st step never run it over with the landy that will not help it in any way. my last one i had for around 3 years the fire base was a little beat up but it all worked fine. until i ran it over :thumbdown:

keeping it clean and dry is fine dont leave water in it for a long period of time.

I have a pot stand that sits on top but I never really use it but it is good once your fire is nice a hot.

ive now got a new one which im sure will last for a long time.

I've had a KK for years, love it, love using it. Under a tarp in the pouring rain the other day it was a life saver, not literally, but there is something primal about getting a fire going, and making a brew. I have the pot stand for the top, crap, and the grill to put over the base, not so bad, but the main thing is it involves FIRE!! I've now put on a new base and new cork, but the rest of it is as good as new, if a little sooted up.

Tips, collect pine cones and keep them dry, excellent fuel!!

I've had a KK for years, love it, love using it. Under a tarp in the pouring rain the other day it was a life saver, not literally, but there is something primal about getting a fire going, and making a brew. I have the pot stand for the top, crap, and the grill to put over the base, not so bad, but the main thing is it involves FIRE!! I've now put on a new base and new cork, but the rest of it is as good as new, if a little sooted up.

Tips, collect pine cones and keep them dry, excellent fuel!!

Nice one mr Collins

I was going to ask about the top stove? Why you say there crap? I can see the floor would be not able to stoke the fire.

And yes I've read somewhere about pine cones :thumbup1: