permited development for forestry building

roglog

So have they or have they not said you need to apply for planning permission see your earlier post.

they said i need prior aproval and asked for a detailed explanation of why i need a building, which i send in over a month ago and had no reply.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Permitted development is no myth, and fortunately for you there is no minimum area of land for permitted development in woodland only agricultural. Your much better off telling the council what your doing and not asking. Always send your letters registered post, so you have proof they recieved it, and yes no reply in 28 days means you can go ahead. You catorgorically do not need planning permission but most planners dont understand that. Simon fairlie of the land magazine(formerly chapter 7) is the man to talk to. Heres a link to an article he has written on just this subject.

A Welcome Permissiveness within our Forests

Hope you get on ok. Be firm and read the legislation. Imo there is no need for a land agent.

Heres another link from a mp trying to get this legislation changed. Makes interesting reading to.

House of Commons Hansard Debates for 12 Oct 2004 (pt 4)

THis is from parliments website and in my mind is proof of legislation.

If they try to stop you explain that your permitted development will be a lot more pleasing to the eye than 2 shipping containers and a caravan, which they have no chance of stopping you install, unless of course your in a conservation area.

Hope this helps

James

P.s. Make sure you start a thread showing yourbuild in progress and the finished article. Thanks

Prior approval is different than full planning. So long as you have given them notice in the approved manner and sent it recorded delivery then if they dont respond in the statuatory time span then there is no reason why you cant start building. Basically they had the ability to give prior approval but for whatever reason choose not to.

Prior approval is different than full planning. So long as you have given them notice in the approved manner and sent it recorded delivery then if they dont respond in the statuatory time span then there is no reason why you cant start building. Basically they had the ability to give prior approval but for whatever reason choose not to.

anyone know where i can find the times put in place for this. I have been looking on google but cant find anything.

Its all here just look under part 7

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1995/418/schedule/2/made

Are you sure you have complied with everything outlined in part 7 including fees paid and pinning up a notice.

It is complex which is why I like using a land agent because they know the system and the pitfalls if you get it wrong.

Edited by renewablejohn

It simply says

where the local planning authority give the applicant notice that such prior approval is required the applicant shall display a site notice by site display on or near the land on which the proposed development is to be carried out, leaving the notice in position for not less than 21 days in the period of 28 days from the date on which the local planning authority gave the notice to the applicant;

(ii)where the site notice is, without any fault or intention of the applicant, removed, obscured or defaced before the period of 21 days referred to in sub-paragraph (i) has elapsed, he shall be treated as having complied with the requirements of that sub-paragraph if he has taken reasonable steps for protection of the notice and, if need be, its replacement;

i have not put a notice up as there was no request for me to do this however it looks like i shold go and do it right now!

what would i include in this, site address and size of building?

"Site Notice" means a notice containing-

(a)the name of the applicant,

(b)the address or location of the proposed development,

©a description of the proposed development and of the materials to be used,

(d)a statement that the prior approval of the authority will be required to the siting, design and external appearance of the building or, as the case may be, the siting and means of construction of the private way,

(e)the name and address of the local planning authority,

and which is signed and dated by or on behalf of the applicant.

Good luck with your building... I will be watching ths post closely as i'll soon be undertaking the same Permitted development route!

• 2 months later...

i started this project beginig of april as i still had not had any sort of reply from my council. had a call today from then saying they never recieved my letter saying why i need the building, after saying that i have proof of postage and email the council man admitted that he recieved it but didnt read it! this was sent on december 28th 2012!!

He is now saying that i can not carry on even though the groundworks are done and the building is all payed for and scheduled in for assembley in 2 weeks.

I have been looking through as much info as i can find on the internet but can only find where it says they have 28 days to reply from the original permitted devolpment but cant find anything on the timescales on replys after that...

Any help or advise would be much apreciated