Negri 225 tracked

treedweller

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Large second hand chippers may seem like a bargain BUT...

You 'may' be inheriting a bag of spanners and some-one elses dirty laundry plus as the man says, its too large for his current business plan.

The Negri is 'un peut cher' for sure but its a good machine and well built.

My mate hired his for a year before buying it off the hire company for too much but it earns him good money all the same.

Ty

I fully agree

My mate has a large setup near to me and bought a tracked TW150 secondhand and he has spent that much time and money on it he could work for Timberwolf themself. To be fair 75% of the time it used as a road tow only in the back of a ifor williams tipper and there is no chance of getting it through Mrs Miggings's side gate or running arcross her lawn even when she does want the chip as mulche for the borders.

Commercial arb and utillity arb is completly different kettle of fish to domestic arb even if it does seem like playing at it to the bigger boy's.

Quadchip has been an enormous change for us.

We're far more competitive now and out almost every day as we are winning bigger jobs.

Turntable is invaluable, prevents me twisting my back, saves lots of energy and stress too.

I've got nothing really negative to report and can only say it is excellent value for money.

I have no concerns about its plastic covers but those curious little locks come straight from British Leyland as they look identical to my old mini's door handles!

Plus the service I get from G.M and my local dealer here.

The CS100 is up for sale to go towards a new Kangoo van for me to run about in. Its only been used 3 times since July but I run it up every week still for 20 min.

Ty

My mate has a large setup near to me and bought a tracked TW150 secondhand and he has spent that much time and money on it he could work for Timberwolf themself. To be fair 75% of the time it used as a road tow only in the back of a ifor williams tipper and there is no chance of getting it through Mrs Miggings's side gate or running arcross her lawn even when she does want the chip as mulche for the borders.

Commercial arb and utillity arb is completly different kettle of fish to domestic arb even if it does seem like playing at it to the bigger boy's.

I am not being all big time about it. Domestic arb is commercial arb!,

It's all I do, I have had and used lots of different chippers and honestly I believe that a TW/jensen/greenmech 6in chipper around is 30/35 hp is the most lucrative tool (along with a tipper) you can buy.

Ps Gawd bless Mrs Miggins!

Arbtrak 150 (smallest GM tracked)

Weight - under 1100kg

Width - 1.2m

TW150vtr

Weight - 1080kg

width - 700mm -1100mm

Negri 225 tracked

Weight - 435kg

Width - 930mm

The main thing here is the weight and its less than half the weight of either and still under 33" wide.

Also it is a chipper even though called a shredder. It's a drum chipper (chuck&duck old school) With 8 shredder hammers reducing the chip on the inside of the drum. So it's the same as a GM cs100 or a JB m400 but with shredder hammers as well. From what i can tell drum chipper self feed but suffer badly with the engines bogging down when chipping things near to their max capacity. Feed roller+anti stress would cure this surly.

Ive seen all the youtube vids, I wanna see it chipping 4" peices of wood!! I like the look of the JB machines especially the M500 but although self propelled it's never going to compare to a tracked machine and it costs 10k. Kilworth is a uk agent for the Negri line and say they can provide any model on request.