Stihl ms461

normandylumberjack

I have the Makita DCS7901 which I suppose is the direct rival to the MS460/461.

It goes like **** off a shovel, is lighter than the 460, more powerful and almost £200 cheaper:

Makita DCS7901 79cc 2-Stroke Petrol Chainsaw 45cm with Decompressor | www.tools4trade.com

#

The 7901 is the most unreliable saw and shouldn't really be sold as a pro saw as it is just not up to the job. Just replaced mine with 441 with the autotune and it is a belter

#

The 7901 is the most unreliable saw and shouldn't really be sold as a pro saw as it is just not up to the job. Just replaced mine with 441 with the autotune and it is a belter

Interesting; back handle on my 7901 broke twice so got rid; tried it for long enough. Picked one up in shop the other day; b-hell it seemed a lump. No, correction it was a 6401 - same carcass, smaller pot, same weight. Crikey.

#

I've not found that to be the case with mine. It doesn't get used all that much (mainstay is the 550xp now) but it is sometimes still required to spend all day ringing up and do so ferociously.

TCD - fair enough! It perhaps feels lighter simply as it's quite compact for an 80cc saw. Either way, in terms of ringing 30 inch diameter logs, it's barely any slower than my 088 with a 25 inch bar.