Goodbye transit hello L200

treedweller

Well I've got her back in one piece!!! Well chuffed it drives spot on. Had a look at the alloy tipper bed and the it looks like the bed will be very high much higher than the original tub!! Worried about being top heavy. Does anyone else run a L200 tipper?? What hight is the bed from the floor. I might have a go at a home built protipper.

If it works i'll go into competition lol amtipper!! the tipper that jack built hahaha

If possible try and reduce the height of the tipper's sub frame. On transits etc there are usually 2 frames (one bolted to the chassis, one supporting the body floor) that are hinged in such a way that when closed one rests on top of the other. I've seen an l200 tipper where one subframe sits inside the other when closed, substantially lowering the body height. The only other thing to consider is whether the wheels will foul on the body during axle articulation. Good luck with the project - please show pics of the finished job.

It's booked in for a full belts filters and fluids service after new year. My family have run mitsi's for years and we found you either get a good en or a bad en!! We got shut of a shogun that had done nearly 200k of hard graft and never missed a beat but also we have a warrior that did 42k and cracked the head. I have never had dealings with Navara's and was warned off by my mate who's had 2. Hilux's command way too much money for what they are and some don't have rear diff locks so are utterly useless even of a wet field. Ford ranger/b2500's look like a sturdy bus to me and i know people who have them and swear by them but i thought i'd stick to the devil i know. The mitsi engines have plenty of grunt at least.