Goodbye transit hello L200

treedweller

I have finally got to admit that the old girl is beyond economical repair. This van has been like triggers brush lol the only original part is the steering wheel. In a bid to keep operations small along with overheads im opting for a single cab L200. The alloy tipper body from the tranny is being recycled and cut down a foot in length and a foot in width. Planning on welding up a box section frame with tool locker and ply boarding sides and roof and covering with sign written foam-ex. Some roof bars for the ladders and the jobs a good en. The L200 isn't by any means a spring chicken but very straight. Iv lined my friendcanic up to carry out a full belts filters and oil service for piece of mind.

The road trip starts first thing in the morning to collect the pickup so i'll let you know how i get on. Hopefully no ehad gasket failures or blown turbo's on the way home:thumbup::thumbup:

Well I've got her back in one piece!!! Well chuffed it drives spot on. Had a look at the alloy tipper bed and the it looks like the bed will be very high much higher than the original tub!! Worried about being top heavy. Does anyone else run a L200 tipper?? What hight is the bed from the floor. I might have a go at a home built protipper.

If it works i'll go into competition lol amtipper!! the tipper that jack built hahaha

Yeah the tranny had just completed it's 20th year of faithfull service (not with me lol) But it had done several lunar missions haha. It was just nackered beyond servicible repair. I know i can't fit the same capacity in it but to be fair i'm not a big company and most of my work is domestic. I have a ifor 105 tipper with cage sides if i need to move more chip/logs. I just want to look more profesional and not like a (TRAVELER to be pc.) Also we are moving yards and the new one isn't going to be a surfaced yard like the last but the corner of a field and im not being funny the tranny could get stuck on a dog turd. The other thing i like about the l200 is the grunt!! I towed the trailer from old yard to new one yesterday and it was effortless, the tranny knew it was on the back even when it was empty and if it was loaded it was 30mph flat out!! No chance of ever going on a motorway with the tranny even empty. Get it upto 60mph then as soon as you get a slight incline it was down to 45/50mph getting overtaken by artics etc

Not ideal.