foreign nationals

the hedge man

The title of this is foreign nationals, that’s Jonnie Foreigner working in our country,……… well (in my bachelor days) I spent six years as a journeyman working in other peoples countries (several of them) so I say, as long as they play by the rules, let em in.

Otherwise we will need to issue a general recall to all those UK arbs in NZ and AUS, Reg will have to come back from Canada and those of you in Scandie can start looking for a boat as well………….:lol:

I find myself agreeing with you again Treequip, that's the second time:001_smile:

I almost made the same type of post as this. I've got 16 years working overseas and wouldn't like to find the same resentment myself.

I have also just finalised immigration arrangements again...to a third world country.:sneaky2:

Being a foreigner in another country, when times are tough, one is always open to the job stealing argument. The response is that these things are a reciprocal arrangement and that you offer a skill or an ability to work where others won't or can't.

Perhaps some people should try it...I assure you...it ain't easy.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The title of this is foreign nationals, that’s Jonnie Foreigner working in our country,……… well (in my bachelor days) I spent six years as a journeyman working in other peoples countries (several of them) so I say, as long as they play by the rules, let em in.

Otherwise we will need to issue a general recall to all those UK arbs in NZ and AUS, Reg will have to come back from Canada and those of you in Scandie can start looking for a boat as well………….:lol:

problem is that there are hundreds of thousands of them coming here when the job situation is dire, there are hundreds of thousands of british people on job seekers allowance desperate for work but cant find any, the sums dont add up, there is simply not enough jobs to go round:confused1:

problem is that there are hundreds of thousands of them coming here when the job situation is dire, there are hundreds of thousands of british people on job seekers allowance desperate for work but cant find any, the sums dont add up, there is simply not enough jobs to go round:confused1:

You have a point which in my view is not racist it's realist and you are entitled to make it.

But imagine for a moment that you were Polish and had a legal right to come to the UK. So you're earning £1.50 an hour and eating polish Heinz beans every day.

Wouldn't you 'get on your bike' if you had any bottle?

:congrats: I agree let's sort out our own country out first and help our own folk to work as in here is a job @ x amount an hour if you don't take it your benefits get stopped. I'm sure we never had a problem filling jobs before as there wasn't the cheaper option of saying we will pay crap money and expect a Latvian pole ect to do it. I'm ready to take cover now

I've seen these Brits on Job Seekers desperate for a job interview. So desperate that they can't be bothered to turn up. So desperate to qualify for their benefits, that's all. They don't want to work. I have mates who run loads of different businesses, most of them have given up trying to find decent workers by advertising, there just aren't any decent workers who are unemployed. It's easier for them to employ legal migrant workers through an Agency, if they don't want to work they are sent back and a replacement is supplied. As said, we have migrant Brit workers all over the globe, looking to improve their lot, why should European workers be any different?

I've lived and worked through several recessions since I left school, I've been unemployed for a total of about 2 weeks in all that time, some thirty years, there is always work to do if you want it.

PS, legal migrant workers are paid minimum wage, the same as British labour.

I have noticed that good job opportunities go unanswered on here all the time...Big BossBeechwood just got bumped with no apparent reply although I don't know the reason

People in this country won't even change town to find work, so people with bottle, gumption and a work ethic are coming from different countries because we won't let go of the apron strings of parents and state.

I worked as a foreigner in France with no problems and once in Scotland:001_smile:

Scotland was the worst for resentment. Went out for a drink one evening and was told being English was slightly better than being black:thumbdown: Neither fair to us or anyone else no matter their colour. That was one of many derogatory remarks!

I worked as a foreigner in France with no problems and once in Scotland:001_smile:

Scotland was the worst for resentment. Went out for a drink one evening and was told being English was slightly better than being black:thumbdown: Neither fair to us or anyone else no matter their colour. That was one of many derogatory remarks!

I'm getting into this thread too much and did promise to shut up.

But....That's normal...the north and south of every country I've ever worked in hate each other more than they hate foreigners..especially France:001_smile:

I have to say, that it is very rare to hear the same subject from the lips of an educated Frenchman.

Perhaps this subject is the pre-occupation of tradesmen and artisansd

I mean hospitals are full of nurses and doctors from over seas, any-one want to send them back home?

All this talk of overseas workers impacting on the job scene is just so much hot air.

Any-one here on Arbtalk REALLY losing money to gangs of illicit Eastern European working on the black...?

I mean, proper tree work not the odd hedge and fruit tree here and there.

I serious doubt it...

Ty