Is this really a police matter???

skyhuck

For every action there is a reaction, the radio station and the so called dj's gave no thought what so ever to the fall out in the uk at the hospital. The management would not have taken this lightly and although no disaplinary action was taken the pressure is still there.

You could say protocol is a fault, but we are talking about a busy hospital in London, so at some point push comes to shove and protocol goes out the window. But why would you want to mimic he royals in this way ! Didn't they think this type of prank would cause a stir!.

Again I say the dj's gave no thought to out come, you push the wrong buttons and capitulate when it all goes wrong, or hide like they are currently doing.

As a country we take the " protection" of our royal family seriously, yet two convict related wasters thought it would be a good idea to mock the british monarchy, or a least try in the name of fame and furtune. Well the buck has to stop some were and in this case it's going to be 2dayfm, although there will be little to be done from this end the

As I have said before, the Aussies will move on, they will not be reminded every Christmas of the pain of 2012.

Their website was flooded with the most crude anger you ave ever seen, public anger will hopefully reap its reward in this good ladies name. May she rest in peace and I hope her family find peace and closure at some point.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW!!!

I go off for an hour and it all kicks off, I think its pretty poor that the poor nurse is being spoken about so harshly, we have no idea why she felt the need to take her own life. I really did not want this thread to be about suicide, and WW comments are in very poor taste IMO.

The point I was getting at is that if this tragic death had not happened, the police would not be flying to Oz to speak to these DJ's.

I first heard about the prank on the news, it really made me laugh, for days before there had been all these ernest reports outside the hospital, with there serious faces talking about the situation (particularly Nicolas Witchel, he really gets up my nose)

The contrast of that Ozzy lass impersonating the Queen really tickled me.

They on friday when I heard that the nurse was dead and there were "no suspicious circumstances" but no stated cause of death, which is pretty much police code for suicide, I was gutted, such a tragedy.

But to blame the pranksters for her death, IMO, is just ridiculous.

You are of course correct (although 'convict related waster ' is a bit strong, even by my standards!)

My personal opinion of a mother leaving her children at Christmas, for whatever reason, being inexcusable, aside, the balance I was trying to introduce was a basic fact that she chose suicide, there's not a court in the land which will decree that one prank phone call was the sole cause for her death.

Sack the dj's and their producers for being rubbish by all means, but charging them with man slaughter is a bit extreme. And I'm not at all liberal.

The nurse took it personally, she felt reaponsible, again before you undertake such pranks think of the outcome, and that is we're this whole thing has failed, no phone call,nurse finishes her shift and goes hope to her family.

Strong contributing factor................I think so.

The nurse took it personally, she felt reaponsible, again before you undertake such pranks think of the outcome, and that is we're this whole thing has failed, no phone call,nurse finishes her shift and goes hope to her family.

The world cannot operate if every decision has to factor in one in a million occurrences such as this.

What if you dismantle a veteran tree in a park for a council?

And a man kills himself. Because that tree was where he proposed to his now dead wife and he went there every day to remember her. And without it he couldn't live.

Would you accept the blame for his death?

Come on if you go down that road you would do nothing.

I imagen the DJ's fully expected not to be believed, I think they thought that they would simply be broadcasting them having their cover blown by the hospital staff, you no the sort of thing

"I am the Queen, how dare you suggest I'm not!!" "sorry mam, but we your not using the proper channels for contact" "I can put you in the tower you know!!" etc, etc, You get the idea.

I'm sure they were totally gob smacked when they got put through :001_huh:

Come on if you go down that road you would do nothing.

I imagen the DJ's fully expected not to be believed, I think they thought that they would simply be broadcasting they having their cover blown by the hospital staff, you no the sort of thing

"I am the Queen, how dare you suggest I'm not!!" "sorry mam, but we your not using the proper channels for contact" "I can put you in the tower you know!!" etc, etc, You get the idea.

I'm sure they were totally gob smacked when they got put through :001_huh:

Exactly right Dave.

The other thing to bear in mind is that though this poor nurse is the centre of this emotive story, the whole thing started through Kate's sickness.

Lets spare a thought for how she and Will be feeling, without them none of this would have happened. So although they carry no blame in anyones eyes, they will doubtless feel in some way responsible.

Tree in park indirect action, phone call direct action, direct consequence. Unforeseen consequences, but tipping point all the same. As soon as they got though they should have cut the call off, but no, this being the age of me, me, me, they thought it would be a laugh to continue. We will have to wait to see what the Aussie regulator has to say.