Is this really a police matter???

skyhuck

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As usual the media have turned a non event into a circus.

No one is to blame, it's just an unhappy coincidence. She can't have topped herself because of the prank call, and if she did, she was clearly unstable and needed help before this happened.

I have no sympathy for suicides, coward's way out. How could she do that to her children? Disgusting act of selfishness.

Disappointed worcs wuss normally what u say is worth listening to

The problem relates to the fact that no thought was or is given to the fall out following these acts that are undertaken in the name of entertainment. The dj's are obviously trying to be funny whilst manipulating their fragile ego's along the way.

The radio station apologised but still had the link on their web site and one of the dj's was still bragging about it on twitter for several days.

The stress of the situation, and the investigation by the hospital,on the nurse must have been Huge and we all know that different people react to situations.

If you, without thinking, undertake such actions then be prepared to accept the fallout when it all goes wrong and the finger pointing starts.

This Christmas the dj's may not have the best time in the world, but they will move on to better times. The nurses family will be hurting and there will be no joy for her husband or children this year and for many Christmases to come.

The statements put out by the station were pathetic, and I'm sure they would be reacting a different way if it was their mother / wife.

Although it will never happen, I would make the people responsible fly to the uk to say sorry to her family in person, let them see the pain they have caused.

A lot of this so called entertainment involving the general public sees people ridiculed and their is no consensual control on what is aired and what is not.

I hope this situation, as sad as it is makes broadcasters think long and hard.

As for this ladies family, I wish them the best and hope they can find closure and peace at this time of the year.

Good post. :001_smile:

Disappointed worcs wuss normally what u say is worth listening to

I'm sorry you feel that way (and surprised that anyone thinks I ever talk sense!)

Which bit specifically?

The facts as I see them are as follows.

A couple of idiot dj's (of the variety I can't listen to) played a stupid joke to get some attention. Been done before, boring.

A nurse, a wife and mother, on the periphery of the prank, tops herself just before Christmas.

It may or may not be connected.

My opinion is that what the dj's did was feeble and not very original.

What the nurse did sems selfish to me.

All that said, we don't know the whole story. The hospital have said she was a wonderful nurse. But for all we know she could have been under investigation for stealing drugs from the hospital. This may have been the final straw or a way she could protect her family from the shame.

But the fact is she has left 2 teenage children mourning their mother at Christmas. That was her conscious decision and I can't see how her kids deserved that.

I'm sorry you feel that way (and surprised that anyone thinks I ever talk sense!)

Which bit specifically?

The facts as I see them are as follows.

A couple of idiot dj's (of the variety I can't listen to) played a stupid joke to get some attention. Been done before, boring.

A nurse, a wife and mother, on the periphery of the prank, tops herself just before Christmas.

It may or may not be connected.

My opinion is that what the dj's did was feeble and not very original.

What the nurse did sems selfish to me.

All that said, we don't know the whole story. The hospital have said she was a wonderful nurse. But for all we know she could have been under investigation for stealing drugs from the hospital. This may have been the final straw or a way she could protect her family from the shame.

But the fact is she has left 2 teenage children mourning their mother at Christmas. That was her conscious decision and I can't see how her kids deserved that.

Suicide is a extremely complex and difficult subject for many ppl to understand to suggest that suicide is the cowards way out shows ur lack of understanding empathy and in someways would suggest that you have lived a naive and sheltered life. I could be wrong

Worcwuss : emotive situations that go to the very ethics of family life and those we love are some what taboo subjects unless you think carefully and consulted before committing written articles.

Without try to deliberately to upset people asigned to this website your comments were crude and crase in the extreme and lacked compassion for the individual and the family, and you can only expect a swift retort from those who think differently.

Suicide is a selfish act, but an act that breeds anger and resentment from many sources, but if your one act tips someone over the edge, retribution will not be far behind.

Sent without predujice.

Don't think I'm having a go at the late nurse.

I'm all for personal choice and don't judge people on their choices.

I do have an opinion though when they affect others.

Did her children have a choice in this?

If we must blame anyone for this, then surely it's all of us, for lapping up the kind of crap they put on the tv and radio these days, and the media feeding frenzy every time something goes wrong.