Interesting day

Rich2484

It was in interesting day today.

Got soaked by the snow in the morning then the rain in the afternoon. Cold windy and just plain horrible.

But there was one event today that I really enjoyed. We were working at a military school. I went to tip a load of chip at a site and on the way out went past a big parade ground.

I heard a very loud thump thump thump. Thought the van was broken, then noticed loads of kids and teachers with phones pointing at the parade ground.

I looked and had to stop. There was an apache longbow hovering getting ready to land. Damn those things a huge.

Now this interested me because out of any helicopters about this one has to be my most favourite ever. And i nearly wet my pants hearing and seeing it.

I have got a pic on my mobile but my network is playing around so when the PC is free I will upload the pic on it.

Made a bad day good IMO.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love helicopters...there are two chinooks that fly over Battersea everyday and when they bank right or left they do it in perfect synchronicity....and there is a huge gunship flys accross my home sometimes:cool::cool: Rich..get tapatalk on your mobile then you can upload pics as they happen:thumbup:

First thing that came in my mind when mention of the apache, was a picture a few years ago when pilot landed to pick some stranded soldiers, they strapped themselves to the wings or whatever they are called.

True respect, can't remember if they were american or brit, but doing that must have been british.:biggrin:

Wait till you do the Helicopter exercise with the RNLI, Rich, you will love that.

I'm afraid I won't be doing it. They don't do it in Poole. We don't get the chance unless we ask. It's not seen as crucial for us as the chances of needing a helicopter in our area is slim. :thumbdown:

I'm afraid I won't be doing it. They don't do it in Poole. We don't get the chance unless we ask. It's not seen as crucial for us as the chances of needing a helicopter in our area is slim. :thumbdown:

Shame, I used to love it. Would have to form under the choppers winch, heading into the wind and maintain about 20 knots ( with the chopper about 40 ft above you) whilst the 'dope on a rope' dropped into the bow of the rib. One of the crew would be winched up and taken for a little trip, before being dropped (lowered gently) back into the boat.

Great fun.