husky 550xp, what a belter!!

jnoon

I just got my 550 and although not run in im not sure about the startup on it. Great once it gets going but when you do the starting procedure the first time, it is really hard to get it to rev up and dies. try it again and be really agressive with it and you get her going. Seems like she hates running cold and just runs sweet when hot. not sure if this is right or not. Other than that i love it. not run in yet as only on 3rd tank of fuel. anyone else had this prob?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I usuallly run my 550 on 13" and yes it's quick, but I had the 15" on it for some sycamore thinning and it was fine. Whilst it'd probably pull an 18" at a push I reckon it would throw the balance out of what is a really nicely balanced saw.

HI CHRIS nice one mate so 550 on 13 560 on 15 it is then jon :thumbup:

I just got my 550 and although not run in im not sure about the startup on it. Great once it gets going but when you do the starting procedure the first time, it is really hard to get it to rev up and dies. try it again and be really agressive with it and you get her going. Seems like she hates running cold and just runs sweet when hot. not sure if this is right or not. Other than that i love it. not run in yet as only on 3rd tank of fuel. anyone else had this prob?

Have you taken the spark arrestor out of the exhaust yet? That seems to help it pick up from the bottom better.

You should find it just gets better and better over the next few days.

Once you get your head around not trying to start it like an older one you should get along fine :thumbup1: