Chickens, ducks and geese

blades

I know it's not really arb related but I'm sure a lot of you have a few chickens or ducks pottering about. Arborculture for me is more of a hobby, sadly I have a day job and before I leave for the 1 hour drive to the office each day, I have to defrost all the drinking water for my chickens, ducks and geese.

I have no power close to where I keep them but I'm wondering.... how hard could it be to produce a wee gadget that is solar powered that would just be enough to stop the water freezing? I remember caravan shops used to sell a small element that would drop into a mug and plug into the 12v cig socket to boil water??

Just wondering what you guys do... have you found any solutions?

Heres a pic of the girls in summer :thumbup1:

Geese.jpg.f730b13c00968eec01fa220d66f452d4.jpg

There is a solar powered heating Matt that will keep the water from freezing.

Thanks for that Paul... do you know where I can buy one?? Did a search in google and it all seems to be household systems??

I assume people that keep horses etc must have similar issues??

I found living down in the south west helps stop the water for our ducks freezing :001_smile: . If you want to go down the solar route might it be cheaper to buy a tiny polly tunnel to put the water in bypassing the complications of electricity and heating elements?

Like the picture of the geese by the way :thumbup:

I found living down in the south west helps stop the water for our ducks freezing :001_smile: . If you want to go down the solar route might it be cheaper to buy a tiny polly tunnel to put the water in bypassing the complications of electricity and heating elements?

Like the picture of the geese by the way :thumbup:

Thanks.... I like that idea; hadn't considered it!! :thumbup1: