LOVELY little Dolmar

TimberCutterDartmoor

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe silly question TCD but what is different on it than say a Makita DCS4630? I look at one every day and choose my 261. Don't say looks!

All the old boys say Dolmar once kicked Stihl/Hsq into touch until Makita turned them a funny colour

The PS-5105 is a DCS-5030 not a 4630. saying that there are differences between the mak and the dolly. Totally agree re the colour; this new 5105 venture is certainly entertaining! i.e the saw eats wood like no tommorow!

Is that South Hams DC bin by the way?

Mine has the lid up constantly as they seem to collect them every other month!

yeah shdc; :lol:

Seems like they have a slightly different model in germany, dunno why?

Germany

DOLMAR - PS-5105 C

USA

DOLMAR - PS-5105

Different specs... :confused1:

Yep it's odd; I went with a USA one which has a cat muffler but was supposed not to have the easy-start recoil and mpi system - yet it does have and it is a 2012 saw. Obviously the US and German ones are the 2nd gen model. The Italian ones apparently are the 1st gen ones - whilst stocks last.. Still trying to figure out the "C" designation - not consistent across different countries :confused1: I believe the 0.1 kW / hp is due to measuring standard.

One thing to note - the usa model is tuned for usa gasoline meaning it ends up running far better over here. Mine is nothing short of bonkers.

• 2 months later...

Does this saw use a throttle cable?

I've been playing around with a DCS5000 which I guess must be very similar, and so far it's absolutely aces! I'm not absolutely convinced that using a throttle cable isn't unnecessary over-engineering though...

Build is bonkers good.

hello nice to see somebody else has got one excellent

i bought mine about nine months ago and iam so happy with it, i put a husky 13'' bar and chain on it and it "flies"

then i got rid of the cat muffler and put a ps5000 standard exhaust now it realy goes for it and it doesnt slip out of tune at all