basic climbing kit

iang32

Hello lads I'm after a bit of info, I've never climbed before but sometime in the near future(spring maybe) I'm gonna give it a go and get myself on 38/39 course. Until then could someone give me a list of basic equipment I could start collecting, nothing too fancy just easy to use and maintain kit. Any tips would be much appreciated

Ta very much :)

I would add a friction saver (cambium saver) and a throwline to the basic equipment. It's not too long ago I took my first climbing class - can't yet do any chainsaw work in a tree. And the basic equipment for the course was:

- cambium saver

- rope

- harness

- lanyard (3m should be enough - 4m is better IMO :biggrin:)

- krabs

- lockjack or spiderjack or prussic loop

- helmet

- throwline (50m) and bag

- small oval maillon rapide for removal of the cambium saver from the ground

- gloves (highly recommended)

- saw - only needed if you wanna do pruning of course

- and a rescue set: chest harness, krab, whistle, medpack, F8, clip

cheers, Philipp :)

For Basic Climbing & Rescue courses Harness, Climbing Rope, 5m Work positioning Lanyard, Prussik Loops x3, Karabiners x 5, Helmet.

Feel free to call us as we run these courses and you could hire some stuff so you can try before you buy. If you want to buy then try ATS Machinery at Lower Beeding who are not far from you. We could possibly get you some discount for you if on one of our courses.

Cheers Mark