Government funding madness!

Tony Croft aka hamadryad

i'm not entirely sure this is just down to the rich dodging taxes.. i know i would do the same if i had lots of money!!

i have a problem with people on benefits!! take my step brother for example..

19 he has two kids, his mrs says that he doesn't live there- in the council house.

she was getting 2000 pounds a month before she had the second one so Imagen that it has gone up!!!

he works cash in hand. i know his neibour has told the council twice about this but nothing has happened.

he has in the past had some custi jobs that pay well.. he works for a couple of months then jacks it in saying the boss wasnt very nice.

wheres the justice in that?? i work 7 days a week, my partner works 5 long days and we struggle on to pay for these parasites (i am not bitter)

i rang HMRC to let them know that i was planning on doing self employed work at the weekends... "as i am employed 50 hours mon to fri will i have to pay more national insurance??". " well sir you will because you are not paying enough".

"Not paying enough!!?? well thankyou very much for your help".

i better stop this rant here.... remember.. not bitter

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

people on benifits are such a small portion of the annual outgoings of our budget as to be not worth discussing, the reason your constantly fed stuff like that is to keep you fighting amoung yourselves while the really big fruads go undetected.

:confused1: But what about all the tax those on befits are not paying?????:001_rolleyes:

people on benifits are such a small portion of the annual outgoings of our budget as to be not worth discussing, the reason your constantly fed stuff like that is to keep you fighting amoung yourselves while the really big fruads go undetected.

Benefit payouts will exceed income tax revenue - Telegraph

More going out than coming in Tony, not what I would call a "small portion" :001_rolleyes:

Well as we are discussing tax, money is whats being discussed is it not :confused1: can you pay your tax bill with quality time with your children or a happy marriage??:confused1:[/quote

It was you who introduced the concept of 'success' to a discussion regarding government spending/ taxation. Personally I have never seen a column for 'success' on a tax return.

I have however known a couple of 'well off' people who enjoyed the 'high arts' who by their own admission would not have claimed to be succesful, just lucky.

Sorry if im sounding a bit grumpy. The dark nights are getting to me and I live 250 miles from the west end!!:001_tongue:

were talking about FC funds here, do we think a fair proportion of the annual funds of our taxations go to forestry? in the least forested country in europe the u.K

Yes. It's time the FC stood on its own two feet as any other business has to. The government has subsidised it for far too long. We are no longer dependent on forestry to build ships, to make pit props for coal excavation, or for trench boards. These traditionally were the reasons why the trees were replanted after each war. For example the returning troops from the War of Independence would be commissioned to plant up woodland of oak etc, hence the proliferation st that time of woods called "America Woods".

This is a very small island, a population of 60+million needs more than just trees, it needs space, it needs food, it needs gravel extraction.

yeah i suppose the true stem of my rant is that i am miles a way from a decent opera.

round me 90% of the woodland is owned by a handfull of land owners. all wealthy men who operate pheasant shoots. i am speculating that they get money from the commision to help them manage their woodlands.. god knows how they would manage with out the grant.

I will never understand the stance of people like you Tony :confused1:

You think its fine for some people to just take from the system, but are resentful of people who work hard generate income and do their best to hold on to as much of the income they have generated

I have a simple rule in life, I ask myself "how would things be if every one did as I am doing"

If every one was on benefits we would be finished, if every one worked hard but paid as little tax as they could, we would in great shape as a country.