• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

what exactly are you saying huck?

Is it not clear :confused1:

Why should those who pay the most tax at least see something in return??

FC generats £millions in income, they should easily cover their own costs.

OK you could up the cost of Opera tickets, but that would just make it even more elitist and those of most modest means would just be excluded further.

so its o.k to spend our money lining the opera house with scarlet silk while the forestry commision cant cope under the pressures of Chalara and other pathogen outbreaks?

you do realise half them toffs are using tax avoidence and even evasion tactics, that the U>k is the or one of the lowest tax rates in europe as it is?

you lot are so naive!

I know i'm biased, i think its a stab in the back for organisations such as the FC, but i was also under the impression that opera was based on a some guy being stabbed in the back by his best friend and then singing a lot about it, so the two logically go hand in hand??

I know i'm biased, i think its a stab in the back for organisations such as the FC, but i was also under the impression that opera was based on a some guy being stabbed in the back by his best friend and then singing a lot about it, so the two logically go hand in hand??

lol:lol:

How many people do I work for are on minimum wage? Or earn below the basic breadline? Or live in social housing? Or drive a Vauxhall Corsa? Or shop at Asda? Simple answer is none. How many do I work for are in high value houses, drive the latest big 4x4, have Harrods deliver groceries cos they can, employ a gardener, employ a cleaner, employ someone to wash their car, and pay party organisers to organise parties? All of them. That is how they spread their income into the local economy. They will buy the locally sourced free range organic pork and lamb, the single mum can't afford too, and they will buy a locally sourced locally grown Xmas tree, the single mum will recycle the twenty year old plastic tree from Woolies once again. It's not about being elitist, it's not about a caste system, it's not about them and us, it's a case of we all work one way or another to better ourselves, and to have things we wish to have. I'm very much on the Planet Earth, that I share with all of you, I do the same work as you do, only better, :lol:, and I share your passions for the trees that I plant nurture and tend, before eventually felling them.

FTR, I live in a council house, But I speak to people as they wish to be spoken to, and that is reflected in the way I am treated, and respected, for the work I do. Having a chip on the shoulder is very visible, and people can see this, it's in the way you carry yourself, the way you look at them, and the way you work for them.

I don't snub people because I disagree with their point of view, or their social standing, whether they are of a higher social standing or lower, we're all human.