New wood shed

blades

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beautiful, just beautiful! How much renovation has it needed?

Is such a large wood store because you're planning to run the house on back boilered stoves etc?

Yeah it has needed quite a bit of work, but I'm quite fussy and like things to look nice and be efficient. We will have 2 wood burning stoves (only 1 just now) and a wood burning Esse range in the kitchen.

Long term I'll put in a log burning boiler system :thumbup1:

looking good, love the dykework. will post a pic of my dykes shortly. i have just installed a Stuv 21 fireplace, amazed by it. takes 1m long logs and is like having a bonfire in the living room behind glass. 21kw and stunning to look at. in the process of choosing a warm air log furnace now. limited choice Vigas TVZ OR A Kuuma vapor 150 it seems. doing the homework now.

• 3 weeks later...

A couple of people had asked how I was getting on with the new wood shed.... well just about there now... just waiting for some more larch to complete the boarding on the underside of the front overhang. Then scrape out the inside and make a floor out of compacted sub base, then put in a soak away front and rear :thumbup:

Oh and I suspect I'll put some netting on the underside to stop the birds nesting in there and pooing on everything!!

P1020908sm.jpg.82fd606deaffb83b9435d864dcd36cf2.jpg

P1020906sm.jpg.acca13243af82bd6de91c19ae8106056.jpg