Tech Cert.

Glen Poole

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Can some one please tell me what the higher grade course is between the RFS CERT ARB OR BTEC NATIONAL DIPLOMA IN ARBORICULTURE, any feedback will be a great help. I already hold the BTEC NATIONAL DIPLOMA, but I have been offered further educational training by my current employer in the form of the RFS but I have been told that the Diploma is a higher grade qualification and would be wasting my time if I was to do the course.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Matt (Rhino) Heys

i did mine through myerscough distance learning, the course info was good but you've really got to be committed. there wasn't really much in the way of coursework/assignments so it was difficult to work out how well your doing but if you can read and retain information then you should be ok.

Congratulations Glen and Tim!

I know your pain getting through this qualification, and I am also overjoyed to add to the celebrations and advise that I finally passed the dreaded Unit 5 after a re sit this year and now hold the Full Tech Cert. too!

I got my certificate etc on Thursday and am still buzzing! A lot of hard work as you all know, but seriously worth it....especially now its all over!!

Like both of you, it feels like I can finally take this Tech Cert anvil off my shoulders!

Thanks a lot also to all of you here who gave tips and support over the last 2 years.

Well done guys.:thumbup:

Chris.

• 3 weeks later...

Passed! Hooray!

Happy and not happy. Only scraped it, and 4 marks off an overall merit. I was convinced it would be easier this time, knowing the level of oral questions, and knowing that- according to last year's examiner's report- there's no need to fill in everything in the survey schedule (only sufficient data for the task) I can use my time better. Now they wanted to see the full schedule and sound surprised noone bothered.

The oral questions (apart from the airspade one I can't remember any details) were 5x harder than last year, some abbreviations i never heard of instead of practical knowledge on mulching and pruning. I daftly volunteered to do the oral bit first, which completely threw me and put me in the wrong frame of mind for the management exercise.

Passed, but still whinging, that's me!

:thumbup:

Passed! Hooray!

Happy and not happy. Only scraped it, and 4 marks off an overall merit. I was convinced it would be easier this time, knowing the level of oral questions, and knowing that- according to last year's examiner's report- there's no need to fill in everything in the survey schedule (only sufficient data for the task) I can use my time better. Now they wanted to see the full schedule and sound surprised noone bothered.

The oral questions (apart from the airspade one I can't remember any details) were 5x harder than last year, some abbreviations i never heard of instead of practical knowledge on mulching and pruning. I daftly volunteered to do the oral bit first, which completely threw me and put me in the wrong frame of mind for the management exercise.

Passed, but still whinging, that's me!

Well done V! :thumbup:

Well done fella! A very tuff & stressfull day indeed! The 5837 oral threw me & it was absolutley chucking it down. Thank god i remembered to pack my carp brolly, without it i reckon i would have definatley failed. I remember glancing about every now and then to see candidates absolutley soaked, sheltering under trees & papers all soaked.