FootLock Prussic

DrewB

It's a floating crotch system and I guess the tie-off is just a stopperknot - just in case the friction hitch should slip or move.

A little youtube-vid:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r6yI4q8-go]Floating crotch system | Advanced climbing techniques - YouTube[/ame]

cheers, Philipp :)

Think what he's asking is what's going on in the last two photos dude? Geuss it's some kinda mid line anker, what's the tie off on the oval for, Just to lock the lines in place?

Just in case the klemhist decided to slip, it would not go far with the stopper knot in place mate:001_smile:

have you doubleline footlocked before Si? hope that doesnt sound too condescending..

The OP is the klemheist and the dynamic attaches to you..

No, never, and no, it doesn't! :001_smile::001_tongue:

I can't footlock for sh*t... It's one of those things I'm not a natural at and have no time to practice....

But I do have my head round how this loop is used now... I can see the reasons behind it, it's a neat solution :thumbup1::blushing:

I must learn how to splice... :001_cool:

No, never, and no, it doesn't! :001_smile::001_tongue:

I can't footlock for sh*t... It's one of those things I'm not a natural at and have no time to practice....

But I do have my head round how this loop is used now... I can see the reasons behind it, it's a neat solution :thumbup1::blushing:

I must learn how to splice... :001_cool:

Why the need , anymore?

Drew now tells us he has a manservant to do his 'stitching' for him!

Oh, the decadence of life down under! :biggrin:

splicing wins hands down!! but dynamic cannot be spliced so stitching it is. and with 3 stitches, a ring, 2 diff cordages- stitching is the only way to make it cost effective.

and this way allows to be sit back and drink lattes all day.......