Helmet cams???

The Tree Hunter

I've got the Pov1, one of the reasons I got it was to have it in the motor recording every journey. Not that I have that many accidents :001_smile: it's just nowadays it's horrendous at rush hour with too many prats.

My idea was to have it in the motor then should anything happen it's there on cam, but the pov doesn't have a car adaptor so it is batt only which is disappointing.

I did consider selling it and getting something else, is there any reviews on the dvx

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how much are they going to be steve, and are they easy to work?:001_smile:

the prices have just gone up actually, probably due to their popularity as much as the exchange rate at the moment. i already have 3 on order as soon as they become available in the country again.

i dont have a review as yet dean but their popularity speaks volumes at the moment.

As with all lipstick cameras, the auto expose means when the average exposure of the scene is higher than the foreground object, any detail is lost and the subject becomes a silhouette. This is not so evident in this film as it was an overcast day and the snow is not reflecting much sun.

This problem shows itself in our arb movies when the tree is the subject and the sky is bright. The tree once again looses all detail. sooner or later a manual exposure model will be available, if not already. I've not read the spec of this cam. so maybe it can be dialed in on the recorder end?

prosumer edit programmes like Final cut can help a bit. Always best to have second cam with man. exp. or keep the POV low towards the ground.

SWB. Why do climbers read books? I find Albert Camus' `the outsider' to be great comfort when faced with a trouser filling route.

As with all lipstick cameras, the auto expose means when the average exposure of the scene is higher than the foreground object, any detail is lost and the subject becomes a silhouette. This is not so evident in this film as it was an overcast day and the snow is not reflecting much sun.

This problem shows itself in our arb movies when the tree is the subject and the sky is bright. The tree once again looses all detail. sooner or later a manual exposure model will be available, if not already. I've not read the spec of this cam. so maybe it can be dialed in on the recorder end?

prosumer edit programmes like Final cut can help a bit. Always best to have second cam with man. exp. or keep the POV low towards the ground.

SWB. Why do climbers read books? I find Albert Camus' `the outsider' to be great comfort when faced with a trouser filling route.

my friend who is a osteo, does a lot of climbing and he has a cracking pic of himself standing reading a book about a mile up(maybe an exageration i dont know)it cracks me up, i would be bricking myself.:scared1: