College fun, and Red woods.

Tribaltree

climed 1 of them back in 97 i think at the teterathalon champs with a stolen welsh flag in my teeth. Ah them wer the days be4 i new how dangerous free climing trees could be. The thick bark makes for the best hand and foot holdes. Hav fun as not often will you get a chance to play in such fine specimins.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i learnt to climb on thoese red woods at that colledge back in 95 and the cedars there to, have fun

Well thats 14 years of extra growth since then, so it should be. The cedars are currently out of bounds due to the main hall suffering from a fire.

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/visual_arts/architecture_and_design/article3599452.ece

we have also made sure a correct RPA length has been set out due to builders.

I was joking :scared1::scared1:

ok.

What system would you use to get to a height that you can anchor in..? Theres nothing to anchor to for a good 60ft, even more on the other tree. The bark is 2 or 3 times thicker than the depth of a short gaffe, I couldn't see a better way, am ready and able to try any other methods you can suggest.:001_smile:

any line has to go round the back of the trunk, there are no single anchor points until halfway up AT LEAST, the branches go straight down. Theres no way I could throw a line up and over a branch, round the trunk, over another couple of branches and back down.

any line has to go round the back of the trunk, there are no single anchor points until halfway up AT LEAST, the branches go straight down. Theres no way I could throw a line up and over a branch, round the trunk, over another couple of branches and back down.

Oh Contrare, my anchorly challenged friend :001_smile:

Calling all Big shot users !

60 feet is not out of range, by any stretch of the imagination.

If you've not used one, organise a demo with a local and be prepared to be amazed.

Technical challenge ahoy.