simple pine dismantle

testcricket01

todays little job dismantle this pine, took me from start till breakfast to strip the whole tree of ivy, then from breakfast till lunch to get it all done and dusted. nice easy day with early finish! no clearing up they wanted it cheap as they could get it apparently so they are getting rid of it all them selfs rather them than me now! the stubs are because i fancyed climbing without spikes today before someone mentions the stubs :001_smile:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-CGG0GT734]simple pine dismantle - YouTube[/ame]

DSCN0068.jpg.7f8612a957172a37be7634f1e4736cfd.jpg

Just curious James....why did you not fancy being on spikes:confused: i would rather be on spikes than a peg any day..each to their own mate...just wondered:)

Just didnt think it was needed on that tree plus ive got them carbon fibre 1s and the bottom strap is forever sliding down under the boot which is a right ballache, plus i need to save my legs for the big 110ft wellingtonia dismantle coming next month :thumbup:

To be honest I never even noticed you want even wearing spikes, I'm the same as silky though mate, but if you felt it did not Warrant them then fair play.

All in all I thought it was a good video and enjoyed watching, but just a little advice mate, if you do ever need to use the saw one handed, then a little less back and forward motion would be a lot safer buddy, couple of times in there you came close to catching the nose of the bar from your cutting motion you did like you where using a silky...... :001_smile:

Not a dig mate just be careful :thumbup1:

To be honest I never even noticed you want even wearing spikes, I'm the same as silky though mate, but if you felt it did not Warrant them then fair play.

All in all I thought it was a good video and enjoyed watching, but just a little advice mate, if you do ever need to use the saw one handed, then a little less back and forward motion would be a lot safer buddy, couple of times in there you came close to catching the nose of the bar from your cutting motion you did like you where using a silky...... :001_smile:

Not a dig mate just be careful :thumbup1:

Nice vids James I admire your passion. Just one thing get rid of that bleeping Prussik and treat yaself to a sj or something😄.

Cheers adam i no i 1 hand to much with the 200t i try to tell my self use 2 hands but its gunna take time to remove the habit i think :blushing:

Cheers i do love a good dismantle ive treated my self to too many gadgets! No matter what i try srt rope wrench spiderjack hitchclimber lockjack always go back to good old prussik and love it simple and cheap very adjustable and bomb proof :001_smile:

I find it depends on the tree and the cliomber - some take downs, especially if there is a lot of branch walking involved or a dense crown then spikes get in the way and there is the risk of gaffing your ropes. I on occasion use my spikes to tget into the tree and then take em off and hang them on a branch ready to put on for chogging down. seen blokes take down big trees with out gaffs and do it well. each to their own, as long as the job gets done safe and at a reasonable pace.

I find it depends on the tree and the cliomber - some take downs, especially if there is a lot of branch walking involved or a dense crown then spikes get in the way and there is the risk of gaffing your ropes. I on occasion use my spikes to tget into the tree and then take em off and hang them on a branch ready to put on for chogging down. seen blokes take down big trees with out gaffs and do it well. each to their own, as long as the job gets done safe and at a reasonable pace.

Couldnt agree more im day in day out using spikes for take downs all the while that day i just felt like getting back to good old swinging about climbing :thumbup1: