Wheres good work in the SE?

WoodMouse

:001_smile:

Bit about my situation. I'm single, just been living in the Caribbean and got deported. Even got thrown in in jail for two weeks because the deportation centre wasn't finished yet.:sneaky2: Bauy, serious ting nau! Anyway, got absolute freedom to be pretty much live any where in the south east, would go else where. Lets put long shots at Nottingham. Wheres the best work, biggest trees, the ideal location.

Looking at Reading, Guilford, Horsham not too keen on Basingstoke it's a bit backwards :001_tt2:. But i'd move to Brighton :001_cool:, Epping forest NE London. Wheres the best place to live, as they say it's always about location location location, and i have no real ties to anything. I'm just renting a room right now.

If your a good climber, and I mean really good, why don't you go out as a self employed contract climber.

I see allot of jobs going for utility climbers. I'm guessing that's the power line people. Are there many who do both, climb to cut trees and do the lines as well.

It's a nice way of keeping mobile and being able to check out the amount of work. But i dont know if i've got time to check out all these places by myself.

Somewhere like Epsom would be cool. I suppose i would get a mix of residential stuff, but if being near a huge forest, or lots of woodland like Hampshire. Then that's where i should go. Id certainly like to work in ancient woodland if i can, privately owned. But if the regular work and better moneys in gardens near London then i'll go there. Hastings is kinda cool, got the stones, Bodiam Castle. Bet theres good woods round there, or used to be. Cruzing googlemaps looking for the greenest bit, lol :viking:

I see allot of jobs going for utility climbers. I'm guessing that's the power line people. Are there many who do both, climb to cut trees and do the lines as well.

:

Utility climbers cut the trees away from the power lines, they don't work on the power lines, thats a linesman's job.

So do you need a special ticket to be a utility climber.

Yes, they are UA units I think. I started out on line clearance, but back then you just need the standard climbing tickets.

But there is a big shakeup just now with all the units, so it might all be changing again.

Yes, they are UA units I think. I started out on line clearance, but back then you just need the standard climbing tickets.

But there is a big shakeup just now with all the units, so it might all be changing again.

i'm sure it'll be a while till i involve myself at that level. Interesting to know, thanks.