blackberry phone

Ian150482

I remember having the nokia waterproof and bashproof phone. Was brilliant for work. Phone companies need to compensate for our and similar industries needs when making phones. Even if it was a bit more expensive, if it would last I would buy it.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those otterboxes look great - keep meaning to order one myself. I keep my blackberry in my bag with my lunch and just check it when I stop for a break - looks too delicate to carry around in pockets.

Great phone though - very different from what I had before and what I expected. No fancy graphics and useless applications; just the actually useful stuff like emails and diaries etc..

Got mine for a bargain thru vodafone as well.

Maybe thats what i need then Andy, probley worth spending that, than wasting time trying to explain whats happened to the phone company.

I thought touch screen since its either the track ball or the keys that brak, but thinking on it, it probley get scrached to hell.

• 1 month later...

I went into Cheltenham and bought a new Blackberry Bold on Saturday. I was due an upgrade and wanted to access the forum of all forums when out on site. £180 lighter I’m back home acting like a kid with a new toy! Plug the charger in, switch it on….nothing! Turns out it was a faulty phone, drive back in to Cheltenham, swapped it over, dashed home, plugged it in, switched it on….Yes it works!

I spent the whole of Saturday evening and Sunday morning messing about with it trying to get my beloved forum up on the screen….nothing! Ring Vodafone up and after about half an hour listening to a poor take on the Queens English, discovered the spotty pre-pubescent teenager that served me had sold me the wrong data package and they want another £12 per month (ex VAT)!

Back in the car to Cheltenham (for the 3rd time in 2 days, 90 miles covered in total!) I went absolutely ballistic at them, absolute Muppets! :mad1: If they sell a product they should know the blasted product and not be so keen on taking my hard-earned cash. Full refund and I’m cancelling my contract with Vodafone, which I’ve held for about 15 years!

Anyone know a good phone with internet capabilities and a clinic for over stressed Arbs???