quick release horse knot

kevin bingham

looks a bit risky for personal use.

would not put my life next to a chance, the reason why it's used for horses: when they are in a panic and they rear or back away, it will break free, to stop them hurting themselves.

tied it over 10,000 times on all my horses.

on another note, i would use it to lower the odd branch, to speed up a job if the groundy is off smoking a fag:thumbup:

Definitly not for life support. My horse figured out pretty quick to pull the tail and free himself. Always had to tuck the tail through the loop.

I dont think a panicked horse could pull it loose, but a person could break it while the horse is panicking. Would like to see it break tested

:thumbup:

depends on the horse, one of mine was a pick pick-pocket, he'd also do your zip up/down and put your hood on your jacket up/down depending on his mood.:lol:

thanks Matt, that actually gives me the idea that if you even stuck 4 or five feet of your tail through the loop and left it there while you did the traverse, it could act as a lock. Having enough rope usually isnt a problem as most of the traverses that I have employed this technique on are really not that far.