Helicopter landing sites

Tinker

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We're not talking Chinook or anything else with a jet engine. It's a piston engined 4 seater.

I can't believe there is not regs on this. A wood will or could affect the air flow over the hls. Military pilots spend a lot of time training in airframes designed to operate at the edge of the safety envelope. A private pilot in a RB44 could come very unstuck very quickly.

It will intetesting to see what you come up with...:)

Sent from my GT-S5690 using Tapatalk 2

Give this company a bell the build and design them

Helipad planning, design and construction

if they dont know , wingit

:lol::lol: nice one BB

More seriously, surely this should be for the pilot (perhaps the owner??) to determine surely, as it is within his remit/training/experience etc not to mention his interests rather than leave it to the arb department - capable as they may be??

Thanks everyone,

The solution is quite simple but as each case is bound to be different I'm not giving the answer here. Seek professional advice from the appropriate body and all that.

Thanks again:thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1:

Tinker

Tinker - I see you're getting some good advice from pprune - sorry, forgot to mention they can sometimes be a 'jokey' bunch, but they usually come up with the goods... eventually!

Hi lowerforest. thanks very much for the link, they're a good bunch. I'm very much into planes, I grew up watching Lancasters, other multi engines and single seaters flying low over our house. My first Airfix model was an English Electric Lightning. I'll stop there before I give you my life history.

Thanks again.:thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1:

Cheers

Tinker