1. 1. Would you emigrate given the chance

• Yes i've been seriously considering emigrating
    • Nope I love the UK and will never move
    • Never given it a thought

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've owened a home in BC Canada for 4 years now and I've done a spot of Arb work over there. I'm hoping to move out permenantly next year, but it is a slow process.

Anyone seriously thinking about it should look at the Canadian immigration website http://www.cic.gc.ca and read all the requirements for immigration or work permits.

The Canadian dollar is 1.9 to the pound at the moment and house prices are very good. I've got a beautifull 5 bedroom detached home looking over the Rocky mountains in a ski resort. It cost £180,000. If the same home was over here, it would be worth £500,000 in most UK areas.

Work wise, most companies run out of the bigger cities or large towns. In BC at the moment, ISA certified arborists are in great demand as the Mountain pine beatle is destroying the pine forests and there are thousands of infected trees within the cities.

Alberta, Ontario and New Foundland are the other areas where tree work can be found but once again, only in the cities.

engands my home its my hearts heart...........its also the biggest refugee camp in europe and that pisses me off and whats ruined it

sure is, happy diwalli!!!!!

this country has gone down hill, im not really racist except for some................

but i had hardly seen a black/indian/pakistani/sumalian person b4 i was 12!!!!!

now there the majority, dont get me wrong maybe it is good to be multi-cultural but when you walk in a shop and you KNOW they are talking about you and are rally rude it just ***** me off, we should be like britany(excuse the poor spelling) if you live there you have to learn the language and fit in....

Eastern Europeans are no better, they look at you like you're scum.

Happy diwalli

yup, i went out in town last night, just full of poles czechs the lot, but from what i see there having a crap time because 99% of the younger people have the same thoughts as me......

and there killing the system big time!!

I quite like Blighty, always thought we would end up in Oz but after visiting a couple of times and working there, maybe not.

My mate has been there over twelve years and has given up on the tree work, too many sharks in the business he reckons, he is on a good gig now doing rope access on the railways, good money and less risk.

I dunno, the grass is not always greener and I always find it funny that people complain about immigrants to this country and then emigrate themselves.

thats very true but tell me if im wrong but a vast majority of the country is foreign, know moving away makes us a hipercrit but it feels more like your being pushed to get out, plus i cant be doing with all this bombing **** and the likes, what do you think would happen if i went to pakistan with a 8 wheeler full of explosives and blew up a town, would you consider me a hero like they do to there ''bombers'' ????

i know its only the extreamists but still.........