Rich2484

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Today's call out.

Pager went off at 11.53 today.

I was not able to attend this one as I was stuck at work with no way of getting there.

Reports of a pet dog going over the cliff at Dover.

Lifeboat dispatched as owner was threatening to climb down the cliff themselves. The animal was found at the bottom of the cliff with no sign of life.

Recovered and returned to station and given back to awaiting owner.

Today's call out.

Pager went off at 11.53 today.

I was not able to attend this one as I was stuck at work with no way of getting there.

Reports of a pet dog going over the cliff at Dover.

Lifeboat dispatched as owner was threatening to climb down the cliff themselves. The animal was found at the bottom of the cliff with no sign of life.

Recovered and returned to station and given back to awaiting owner.

Sorry to hear that GTR, being a dog owner could understand....like Jon said earlier you guys do a great job

After talking to one of the lads the dog was off its lead and chased a ball thrown by the owner. Wind blew ball over the edge and dog followed.

Please remember to keep dogs on a lead when going near a cliff.

Was a cocker spanuel.

To be fair should have it on a lead near the cliff edge.....never a good idea to play fetch on top of the cliffs, better on the beach?

Call out today.

2pm, fishing vessel lost all drive to prop. Sitting on a sand bank at the time. Drifting into the S/w shipping lanes. And a whopping 26 mile out. We launched and took us 1hr to reach casualty, then took it under tow and brought it back, just got back in at 19.20.

Turned out a 60 mile round trip. Could go in a straight line out under full steam of 27 knots, but towed back with a speed of 10knots, and this was pushing it a little bit. Pictures to follow.

Towing at 10 Knots????? Wow!! Bet you had it on a long rope.

150 yards. Wanted to get in a quick as possible. Any slower and we would still be coming in....

Was a small 23ft vessel with a planeing hull, so could easily take it. Was a risk but one that was made as being the best. And with having to cross two of the major shipping lanes meant we was as little a nuisance as possible to all the big ships.

Just had a snooze, will reply to your pm when I get a chance bud.:thumbup: