Rnli

Rich2484

I'm really looking forward to some sort of call out volunteering once I'm fully out of the RN. I think its part of our nature for some to want to react to emergencies and assist those in need if we can. Also can be a massive buzz, particularly on a Ship or with a worked up team when everyone focuses on the job and it turns out successfully. We helped salvage a tug last year that stopped too quickly and its tow crashed into it and sank off Torbay. Two of our diesel pumps going for 6 hours and three lifeboats holding it up kept the tug (& its diesel) out of the oggin.

I'd would love to get involved with either CG or MR, this Disaster Arborist Team sounds hoofing too. Depends where I end up, technically homeless when I leave my Ship in a few weeks! The 4x4 response network is also picking up around my folk's neck of the woods - particularly in the floods every spring.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeesh! What was the commercial vessel Rich?

Was the tug in the TSS and the other chap crossing? What a clown!

The comercial was a cargo ship. And the tug was in the TSS crossing to go down to Italy.

Look up the bbc south east news website, it's on there.

I'm really looking forward to some sort of call out volunteering once I'm fully out of the RN. I think its part of our nature for some to want to react to emergencies and assist those in need if we can. Also can be a massive buzz, particularly on a Ship or with a worked up team when everyone focuses on the job and it turns out successfully. We helped salvage a tug last year that stopped too quickly and its tow crashed into it and sank off Torbay. Two of our diesel pumps going for 6 hours and three lifeboats holding it up kept the tug (& its diesel) out of the oggin.

I'd would love to get involved with either CG or MR, this Disaster Arborist Team sounds hoofing too. Depends where I end up, technically homeless when I leave my Ship in a few weeks! The 4x4 response network is also picking up around my folk's neck of the woods - particularly in the floods every spring.

We have had long serving RN volunteer before and they didn't last as they where sick as parrots. The lifeboat really is something else. You get a probation period of 6 months, to see if you can do it and %60 don't. But by all means give it a go. If you can do it it's awesome.

Yep, definitely not the Lifeboats. I'm fine down sea or rolling, but put the nose in to a swell and pitch and Navs does his watch from the bridge wing! I know my limits and have seen first hand what you go out in and as such have a very deep respect for you chaps.

Yep, definitely not the Lifeboats. I'm fine down sea or rolling, but put the nose in to a swell and pitch and Navs does his watch from the bridge wing! I know my limits and have seen first hand what you go out in and as such have a very deep respect for you chaps.

Besides which I do not recall seeing any lifeboat stations in Herefordshire:biggrin:

Aaah, I see. But not so likely to get sea sick with that, as in real life boating like what you do Rich.

No. But still helping out for a good cause tho. May not be in the sea (yet :lol:) and until I can get the Severn class lifeboat up the high street.

Besides which I do not recall seeing any lifeboat stations in Herefordshire:biggrin:

Fair one. Reminds me of one of the Netherlands Landrover Clubs whose nickname is the Dutch Mountain Rescue team! Hereford is hopefully only temporary, looking at moving back to Janner Cove this year!