Why have all my off buttons stopped working....

Marsh Monkey

Have been waving the chainsaws (MS 200 and 261) around in a reed bed until i hit a tree, the last week or so and both my saws stop button isn't working, having to choke them to stop them is very tedious i can't see any obvious holes in the wire or loose connections but reckon i must have pulled something out but just can't fathom it out

Yeah check that when the switch is moved to off there should be a metal plate that makes contact with the earth connection wire. If they don't meet then it won't turn off. The 261 will be easier to start with than the 200. So take the air covers off and check ther eis a connection. Also look for corruption on either the plate or the earth contact. Easy way is to give it a spray with wd40 and then try it. Failing that take the pull start assembly off and make sure the two wires are contacts or the coil.

The MS200T will have had the black wire that connects to the handle just above the front of the AV rubber come off its connector - easily done if some reed has pushed against it.

Probably best to undo the front AV mount so you can get a bit of a look under the thing and re-connect the spade connector on the black wire on to the connector on the handle.

It is a bit fiddly, tweezers or long nose pliers makes it easier.

The other saw - just check the switch is clean as others have said - it is possible the wire has become broken or dislodged - just follow it through from the switch to the coil and check the connection on the coil.

thanks for all the advice gonna have a serious play tomorrow the workshop is free and i've stopped cutting reed with my saws....well for a week or so anyway...

Where in Norfolk are you based, up there on holiday in five weeks time:thumbup:

Just don't tell the wife I have asked:001_rolleyes::lol:

Where in Norfolk are you based, up there on holiday in five weeks time:thumbup:

Just don't tell the wife I have asked:001_rolleyes::lol:

Spud she will NOT be happy with you for that one. :sneaky2:

Marsh monkey, just be sure you have a triple chocolate sponge cake with all the trimmings to hand!