Professional Tree Inspection Course

LimbWalker

Well chuffed!

Got home yesterday to find one of the nice cardboard backed envelopes, the ones you get certificates in. I passed!

I knew that the theory exam didn't go great and that i only got 3 or the 4 fungi id's correct but thankfully getting 19 out of 20 on one of the tree inspections dragged me above the 70% pass mark.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name=

The fungi Id part is open book so you can use reference material.

If you haven't already' date=' check out the Arbtalk fungi Id app, it would probably be quite useful for the PTI :001_smile:

.[/quote]

Yep, the fungi ID is 'open book' and hence you can use 'apps' (as above) n 'apps not' :lol:, i.e. try the AA Fungi Guide (see Fungi on Trees ? An Arborists? Field Guide ).

REMEMBER too, that you have to score 70% individually for each of the two trees inspected else you'll fail (regardless of the overall mark.)

Re- Tony, to be honest I'm speechless here and can only surmise that sometimes you can know too much...sounds daft I know but someone said previously it is as much about learning how to pass the exam as what you know. That said obviously you do have to know enough n demonstrate a systematic approach to the tree inspection task.

Lastly the 'P&D' assessed is purely fungi, unless of course the trees inspected are infected so maybe the 'AA P&D Guide' might also be of help (see Tree Pests and Diseases - An Arborists' Field Guide )

Good luck everyone...AND, if its any consolation, it took me two goes to get the prerequisite pass mark to instruct it (which I no longer really do.) :thumbup1:

Cheers..

Paul

• 2 months later...
Hi guys,

I'm looking into booking in for the PTI course soon but I havn't it a clue as to the level of knowledge they expect you to have before hand.

Its a 3 day course IIRC but is there training involved or is it just an uber long assessment?

Any who's done the course please get in touch! I have quite a few questions :blushing:

Hi there,

Tis 3 days in total, Day 1 is usually an arb knowledge 'revision' day (level 3/4, i.e. ND Arb / AA Tech Cert / ISA Cert Arb?), Day 2 and morning of Day 3 is tree inspection and recording and pm of Day 3 is assessment time (3 parts, i) 20 short questions, ii) 4 fungi to id and signif. etc, and iii) 2x trees to undertake detailed inspection and record findings (as field notes)).

I'm in Head Office all day tomorrow should you wish to discuss (tel. 01242 522152.)

Cheers..

Paul