yearly contract price increase

Stephen Blair

Sorry I never got back to you on this, my mate is off on his hold atm and since we dont get much of a chance to catch up it could probably be a few weeks before I see him.

Once again sry I didnt reply earlier.:sad:

no bother mate, i am handing the quote in tomorrow as a draft and the lawyers are going to redo it where necessary and get back to me. thanks again:001_smile:

i hope i word this right, if you get an ongoing contract, how much should the cost increase every year.

I have the chance of a small contract, 1 man with tools doing maintenace around a large garden. If i get the contract, i will have it for the life expectansy of the homeowner(lady early fifties)so you could be talking 40 years. It will be getting paid by the government, so it not like i can just say to her every year(give me another tenner)

This is a good wee job for a very good cause, but i dont want to be stuck working for the same money in 20 years time, when simple wording in a contract will solve this.

I have never committed to a contract before, thanks for any help guys:biggrin:

Given the amount of money involved, the fact that it's government sourced and your lack of experience in contracts I would play safe; pay the one-off cost of a professionally drawn up contract via a solicitor. Don't let them make it complicated but it will then be binding on all parties subject to mutual consent re changes/termination etc.

Once done it will give evryone peace of mind as they'll know the job's going to be done, they'll know they're going to get their money and you'll all live happily ever after.

That's the view form the money-driven South-East. Best of luck.

Given the amount of money involved, the fact that it's government sourced and your lack of experience in contracts I would play safe; pay the one-off cost of a professionally drawn up contract via a solicitor. Don't let them make it complicated but it will then be binding on all parties subject to mutual consent re changes/termination etc.

Once done it will give evryone peace of mind as they'll know the job's going to be done, they'll know they're going to get their money and you'll all live happily ever after.

That's the view form the money-driven South-East. Best of luck.

thats the road i have ended up going down, i will stick to cutting trees and pay someone else to do the paperwork. cheers:001_smile: