help on working abroad

Nick93

nick, tell us about your experience, would you say your a very good climber? by that I mean can you carry out a wide variety of general treework jobs in a time and manner that allows your employer to make a profit?

i have been working for 3 almost 4 years in the game and im loving it, i would say im an average climber, im not slow but then again im not the quickest climber out there, i can carry out very good and clean work, a wide variety of work all in profitable time, i currently work as a self employed tree surgeon contracting to company's and they use me to be a groundy and climber therefore i must be making them a profit.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have been working for 3 almost 4 years in the game and im loving it, i would say im an average climber, im not slow but then again im not the quickest climber out there, i can carry out very good and clean work, a wide variety of work all in profitable time, i currently work as a self employed tree surgeon contracting to company's and they use me to be a groundy and climber therefore i must be making them a profit.

any pics or videos of your work?

nick, shoot a vid, a good vid, put some photos together too, start a separate thread, show your work and skills, your own work not anyone else's. It may not get you abroad, it may get you something somewhere though. You say you want to work abroad, but have you tried travelling around this country building your experience and client base? Try not to be blinkered, keep an open mind and make it happen.

hey nick, im currently working in sweden and have done for a little time now. been a climber for 8 years and always wanted to work here. now im here i wish that i had came years ago i love it. people here are so friendly and laid back. the country is beautiful, also the money is really good. i thought that that coz i didnt speak swedish it would be a problem but it turns out that everyone here speaks english and they think its cool to do so, so it makes it easy. the work is very varied to where your stayin in sweden and what company you work for. at the min there is alot of train line work and electic work which is easy but not the sort of work i like to do as its abit of crash and burn and i have worked for only aa approved companies so i dont really agree with what you have to do to the trees. the private work on the other hand is same as back home. oh if you do come here stolkhome is very exspensive...i have a friend who works there and he doesnt like it that much but thats only his opinion. i will upload a picture oif me on the front page of the telegraph :-) this town i was working in had never seen anyone go out on limbs of trees befor ha we was cleaning out 8 mature lime trees. tryin to think what else i can tell you but its late and need my bed ha if you think of anything you need to know then i will do my best to help you

maybe a few more details could help people help you.. like where abouts are you looking to go etc?

i was looking to go to canada but thats just because ive been told there is alot of jobs there, thinking canada/sweden mainly. if anyone could put me onto someone who can help me (know of people in different countries who know of jobs going) that would be a great help. im eager to get out of england asap as my mother is mooving away, and my dad would rather choose his new girlfriend than his son's and i dont see the point in getting a house in england i would much rather go to work abroad and pay for a house over there.

Arbjobs.com | find Arb jobs / Tree work

this is the site that i got my job in sweden. send your cv out. If they have a number then ring them first to have a chat with them ( sell your self ) then send the cv again. be a eager beaver.

cheers i will do, sent a few cv's out. going to ring tommorow, hopefully this will be the best thing for me!