Theiving *uggers?

Fencing

Hi, We havent been done yet, but feel an enevitability of one morning im going to find it gone.

Ive read threads and have invested in some security lighting/cameras and double security chain everything i can. without being too obvious!

Im after some of the implications and technicalities that can result and other things i can do. Ive heard of people who have been caught on camera and nothing can be done because there wasnt appropriate signage? Is this true? What are the chances of getting stuff back if you mark it/tag it.

One thing we have done, but not sure if its a good idea weve mixed a 5ltr petrol can with sugar and petrol (we all know which one it is) and maked it unleaded only NOT 2 STROKE, and done the same with Road diesel but with 30/70 water, is this asking for trouble if it gets knicked will i find my dog dead?

Any ideas on anything?

Wasn't there a Mythbusters where they mixed petrol and sugar and the vehicle worked ok, May of been for cars and not saws.

Try and get as much security, as in different forms to slow them down, wheelclamps chains, trackers. Putting signs up is also security, and covers your *rse.

When a chipper gets nicked the money it costs to get all the security put back on it, not to mention the insurance increase, the excess and the downtime to the efficiency of your business. You just need to try and prevent anything from happening in the first place.

Prevention is better than cure.

Sugar in fuel does nothing.

Sounds like you are worrying a lot about kit getting stolen, you could put the biggest baddest locks chains and ground anchors you can find on stuff, if they want it they will take it.

Just make it look like it will be more trouble than it's worth, if you have an old tractor or car take the exhaust off and park it in front of the gear. They start that they will soon run.

I dont know about the uk but you can get co2 powered imitation grenades that pop at 130db. YOu can fill the shell with talcum powder, toner ink powder or some form of powder dye. When they go off it totally powders closest thing to them. You cant see well, in an enclosed space they are deafening. Sadly they dont do any real harm, but by god if someone lets one off when your not expecting it its not a fun experience

Thunder B Airsoft CO2 Grenade 3 Pcs Set - Airsoft CO2 Grenade Set - AirSplat.com - AirSoft Gun Warehouse

Stick em in a few places, trip wire em or pull the pin and leave em under stuff.

Edited by Timbermcpherson

I dont know about the uk but you can get co2 powered imitation grenades that pop at 130db. YOu can fill the shell with talcum powder, toner ink powder or some form of powder dye. When they go off it totally powders closest thing to them. You cant see well, in an enclosed space they are deafening. Sadly they dont do any real harm, but by god if someone lets one off when your not expecting it its not a fun experience

Thunder B Airsoft CO2 Grenade 3 Pcs Set - Airsoft CO2 Grenade Set - AirSplat.com - AirSoft Gun Warehouse

Stick em in a few places, trip wire em or pull the pin and leave em under stuff.

Until you forget thu are there and go staggering in the shed at 5 in the morn after a heavy night out...:laugh1:

Great, thanks, ill mix water in with the petrol instead!

On the CCTV thing, is it ever going to result in a prosecution? If i get pictures, are the police just going to say thanks but do nothing (its the impression i get).

Who isnt worried about stuff getting nicked!

Great, thanks, ill mix water in with the petrol instead!

On the CCTV thing, is it ever going to result in a prosecution? If i get pictures, are the police just going to say thanks but do nothing (its the impression i get).

Who isnt worried about stuff getting nicked!

Water with petrol is only going to make an engine splutter and stop.

Now bleach on the other hand.......

CCTV is not all its cracked up to be, its fine if the thief is nice enough to have no hat or hoody on and nothing covering his face and then looks at the camera but then you have to rely on someone viewing it and recognising him. The petrol/diesel mix is a waste of time it might satisfy you in thinking its screwed there vehicle but thats about it! At the end of the day the more barriers you put up between your kit and them the harder it becomes the less likely they are to attack your premises. We have Three gates all security locked before they get to the sheds, the sheds are then locked with vehicles parked infront, the kit inside is locked away or chained to the concrete floor We have a ten and a half stone Mastiff that looks like HOOCH wandering around inside the gates during the day, he makes quite a visible deterant. If someone wants our kit then they are really going to have to be committed. The likelyhood is they'd give up before getting anything away, yes they'd cause some damage but I'd still be working as I'd still have my kit!