Can you help please

patrickosborne

I was called to look at this purple plumb this week which has suddenly lost foliage and started splitting everywhere longitudinally with the growth twists.

Obviously the tree has stopped functioning quite rapidly,but what could be the cause, there are other trees of the same species in close proximity which are doing well.

Are there any known problems with these species at the moment?/

Thanks in advance,

Pat

I was called to look at this purple plumb this week which has suddenly lost foliage and started splitting everywhere longitudinally with the growth twists.

Obviously the tree has stopped functioning quite rapidly,but what could be the cause, there are other trees of the same species in close proximity which are doing well.

Are there any known problems with these species at the moment?/

Thanks in advance,

Pat

A fair few species associate with Prunus cerasifera in my experience.

This one here was host to Ganoderma, Armillaria & Phellinus tuberculosus/pomaceus.

The latter one being often associated.

IMG_8454.jpg.9fbb62e36bf971b8d7fd9e5cf6d86e47.jpg

I hear you but no fruiting bodies found or evidence of fungal invasion ??

I want to put a photo on here ,how do I do it??

There's not always fruiting bodies evident at all times even with the perrenials like Ganoderma & Phellinus.

When you make your next post you will notice a paper clip icon at the top of the editing window. This is for attachments. In the window that opens when you click that icon, you can chose to upload images from files on your computer. You may need to resize them first (800x600) is best.

Hope that's helpful Pat.

In order for a fungi to produce a fruiting body it must have also met within the host a sexualy compatible mycelium of the same species. However in some cases some fungi can reproduce asexualy and produce replicating spores, though are few. Chicken of the woods, fistulina hepatica are to name a few

A fair few species associate with Prunus cerasifera in my experience.

This one here was host to Ganoderma, Armillaria & Phellinus tuberculosus/pomaceus.

The latter one being often associated.

David, THANK YOU (said on behalf of the industry and other ARB Talkers) this infomration and the way it is presented is simply fantastic...and not forgetting our fav 'HAMA', in combination your FUNGI info is moving our (inc. myself) awareness and understanding on 'leaps and bounds'.

Keep it up boys.

Paul

David, THANK YOU (said on behalf of the industry and other ARB Talkers) this infomration and the way it is presented is simply fantastic...and not forgetting our fav 'HAMA', in combination your FUNGI info is moving our (inc. myself) awareness and understanding on 'leaps and bounds'.

Keep it up boys.

Paul

Ditto what Paul said. Good knowledge.

Your thoughts are very much appreciated chaps, personally I'm blessed with a job that enables me to keep learning & recording what I find, which gives me the oportunity to share that experience here & there.

The industry is a far richer place than it was 10 years ago thanks to the interaction of groups & individuals at seminars, forays, courses and at the cyber interface of places like here at arb"talk"

A big thanks should go to Steve for keeping this site and its resources so accessible

:thumbup1:

Back to thread, have you been able to work on the image issue Pat ?