Are Vermeer Chippers any good?

thebeanstalk

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just bought a new 9" bandit. Very disapointed with it, wist I had bought a BC1000 XL

Bandit has in the past had a horrible habit of sending flawed "factory seconds" to NZ to be sold. The local agents who are great and honest have been stuck between the dishonest dealings of brush bandit and the clients who are victims of spending top dollar on flawed and badly patched up machines.

They obviously figure sending them to one of there smallest markets in a nice way of getting rid of them while not hurting their reputation.

whats up the the 9?

One of the cases I know of the cutting wheel wasnt made right, they had to sell it with 2 different blades, one thinner that the other for it to even come close to chipping right. Made for differcult times for its owner. WHen they fitted new standard blades and tried starting it, blade ate anvil

Other cases to but I have forgotten the details of them since.

These things were not missed faults IMHO, the were a deliberate attempt to palm off faulty equipment to buyers at the bottom of the world and try to wash their hands of them. By all accounts the local dealers did all they could and acted completely honourably.

I REALLY like bandit chippers, but the behaviour of the parent company not so much.

Edited by Timbermcpherson

One of the cases I know of the cutting wheel wasnt made right, they had to sell it with 2 different blades, one thinner that the other for it to even come close to chipping right. Made for differcult times for its owner. WHen they fitted new standard blades and tried starting it, blade ate anvil

Other cases to but I have forgotten the details of them since.

These things were not missed faults IMHO, the were a deliberate attempt to palm off faulty equipment to buyers at the bottom of the world and try to wash their hands of them. By all accounts the local dealers did all they could and acted completely honourably.

I REALLY like bandit chippers, but the behaviour of the parent company not so much.

To be honest, I'm not doubting the troubles you know of, but I cant understand a manufacturer behaving in this way. Surely, sending known faulty units to "the bottom of the world" would be the last thing they would want to do, mainly due to the costs and logistical implications of replecing parts?

To be honest, I'm not doubting the troubles you know of, but I cant understand a manufacturer behaving in this way. Surely, sending known faulty units to "the bottom of the world" would be the last thing they would want to do, mainly due to the costs and logistical implications of replecing parts?

I cant understand a manufacturer acting like this either. But they certainly to my knowledge seem to have been.

I dont think they are still doing it and it could be a big coincidence, but it didnt look like it.

Edited by Timbermcpherson

• 5 months later...

BC230XL - 9" chipper bulilt like a brick "..."

BC1000XL - 12" chipper built like a brick "..."

Twin infeed rollers, will make short work of a lot leggy and dense material. Would recommend a demo to really see why Vermeer machines are built to last. PM me for more info or alternatively email me on [email protected] for product literature, videos and more :)

We have the BC200 which isnt made any more but is a 7.5 inch machine. We chose Vermeer as they are very solid and handle material very very well. They are a little heavy but you would expect that from a machine not designed either to a budget or weight restriction.

I cannot say we have had a trouble free ordeal with the machine but for the whole its been a very good workhorse.

We have tried many others including bandit, jenson, timberwolf, Greenmech etc and in the 7.5 inch catogery the Vermeer has produced better results than its competitors. This again with a smaller engine but a large mass fly wheel and running gear and pumps from the BC1000 it has been better against others even in side by side comparisons.

I would indeed say that a lighter 6" machine you should look at Jenson/greenmech or timberwolf. 7.5" look at a second hand Vermeer or Bandit and larger than that well i would Demo again bandit or Vermeer.

Great thing is you can fix both with a welder or a hammer!