Rope Knight Throw weight

Paul Smith

This is RopeArmours Rope knight. As you can see it comes in a smart box with lots of spares and accessories. If you don't know its made in Canada. There are no less than seven Canadian emblems in here, a couple of coins and lots of character stickers to personalise it. First impressions are good, very well made. Only had a quick play with it so far and it hasn't got stuck yet although it did take a little maneuvering to free it from a very tight crotch which I am sure my throw bag would have got stuck in! :blushing:

I will do an in depth review and stick a video of it in action when I get time.:001_rolleyes:

IMG_0181.jpg.d68030ac1e8dfd24e8aff08fcd131fb0.jpg

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty interested in this. It looks nice and shiny, which I like, but a few questions based on the photo:

1: Is the foam sock the blue thingy? It makes the Rope Knight massive!

2: What's the red tube thing?

3: What's the white ball on the string for?

4: What is the revised price if all the Canadian memorabilia is left out?😃

I'm pretty interested in this. It looks nice and shiny, which I like, but a few questions based on the photo:

1: Is the foam sock the blue thingy? It makes the Rope Knight massive!

2: What's the red tube thing?

3: What's the white ball on the string for?

4: What is the revised price if all the Canadian memorabilia is left out?😃

The foam sock is blue, the red tube is a protective sleeve. The instructions don't mention the ball and string.

Yet to try them out along with the "long gun" quick attachments.

For £118 pounds I should hope not!! Absolutely crazy price!!

.:confused1: The price of precision. It works and pays for itself the 1st time it gets you thru a troublesome tree and thereafter.

3 main components Precision machined, hard anodized in Ali and stainless steel,securing bolt plus more. Compare this with other precision tools like Rw, LJ, and uni.

Guaranteed for life!Guaranteed for Life!

6 tools in one; two RopeShields to smooth over transition knots up to 23mm , hand puller, retrieve and isolate tips, set and retrieve cambuim savers and anything else you care to try:001_smile:

Can you imagine saving hundreds $ $ $? .:thumbup: Money and Time lost with jams and snags, tiring and fatiqueing throwlines from snags and jams, throw higher and more accurately, bypassing obstacles on the way up thru the crown and down to the ground. etc.

RopeKnight is not just a throw weight(go up - come down). It is a task specific tool and system that does exactly what we expect it to do. Bypassing tree obstacles smooth and easy. Skate in your sock feet or slide and glide on metal. The effecencies afforded by metal are not new in the industry just new to the classic throw bag. You can pay a lil more for one that can be used in the night. New Rk "Lightning" .

Please if you will consider the cost of other machined tools on the market you will see that it is a fair price for all that it is and what it offers. Apples to apples!

Analogy; You can buy a hammer and then you can buy a multi tool type hammer.

If all you need is a hammer, fine. But if you need a nail puller, hatchet, pry bar, screwdriver and plier than there it is if you want it.

Its not for every thrower but the arbclimber who wants something that improves the whole of the task is in for a pleasant surprise primarily fast, accurate, smooth and easy rope positioning.:thumbup: An all in one tool at a reasonable price.

Cheers

OUCHHHH!

For £15 my harrisons been going for years.

Has it smashed/damaged any bark yet? I can imagine it would, with out a cover which i'm guessing is an add on?

:confused1:

I can guarantee RopeKnight is significantly less damaging than a throw bag.

Have you ever been to a throw line competition? I have been to quite a few including an ITCC championship. The trees targeted lose bushels of leaves and small limbs from the consistent jamming and snagging of the classic throwbag. Trees suffering at the hands of sport. They have to rake up and pick up sticks between competitors.:001_huh:

And said tree has usually been crown cleaned and removed of redundancies prior to comps to facilitate a speedy comp.

Speaking practically, with a tree in the backyard of an HO that has never been pruned you will surely see significantly less unintentional damage plus the RopeKnight may one day help prevent an unanticipated failure due to a limb or leader that is structurally compromised(dead wood, decay etc) that is shaken loose or the pulling down of hazardous limbs to the ground. Jamming and snagging is far less with the RopeKnight will be less of concern in many situations. The geometric form we have incorporated is scientifically the best for flight and bypassing obstacles. Land, air, sea and trees :thumbup1:

Beside all that, Ropeknight deflects more than it darts. Especially on rounded stems at the tops of trees that look nothing like a dart board.

See what I mean? Does that make sense?

Cheers.