Conifer frost burn

Dean Lofthouse

we live on the coast so windburn is bad, i dont touch them till spring. if its in a private garden where no one will see the effects appart from the customer, explain what could happen and then if they want to go ahead fair enough. if you are in full view, where everyone will see you working there, and it gets burnt to bits it wont do your reputation any favours mate

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers Stevie,,

Dilema dilema,,

It's the Starling conifers, when I went up to see the problem it absolutely stank of shite and it rained shite when they flew over, the conifers are actually getting weighted down with the stuff so there's a major H&S / enviromental issue (but apparently I don't care about H&S so it shouldn't bother me), especailly with it being a food process plant.

The idea is to cut back and trim the conifers to make the roost less attractive and to take the weight of shite off the leaf area :confused1:

Cheers Stevie,,

Dilema dilema,,

It's the Starling conifers, when I went up to see the problem it absolutely stank of shite and it rained shite when they flew over, the conifers are actually getting weighted down with the stuff so there's a major H&S / enviromental issue (but apparently I don't care about H&S so it shouldn't bother me), especailly with it being a food process plant.

The idea is to cut back and trim the conifers to make the roost less attractive and to take the weight of shite off the leaf area :confused1:

Remember that pm i sent you!who needs a hedge cutter!" lanses, just forget the soapy bubble. Its a cash cow mate. Think outside the box. I just want 10% commission mate:001_tongue:

"Who needs a hedge cutter" Enlighten me or the post is useless to anyone except Dean.

lol i love they way you beat about the bush mate, just get straight to the point:001_tongue:I suggested dean to get a pto sprayer for his tractor with 2 lances, fill it up with soapy bubble and wash the carpark down twice a day as well as the cars from all the crap, and leave the birdies alone.:001_smile:

did you get my pm?

lol i love they way you beat about the bush mate, just get straight to the point:001_tongue:I suggested dean to get a pto sprayer for his tractor with 2 lances, fill it up with soapy bubble and wash the carpark down twice a day as well as the cars from all the crap, and leave the birdies alone.:001_smile:

did you get my pm?

Hahaha, got ya. My sentiments exactly,leave em be.As a kid I used to marvel at the sight of huge flocks of starlings. Sorry hav,nt had a pm.

• 3 weeks later...

Can you adam an eve it??

These conifers are being cut back because nearby resident have complained about shite from the huge numbers of Starlings.

Risking frost burn we have decided to go ahead and trim the conifers at this time of year:

A; To minimise nesting bird disruption

B: To Please neighbours who bombarded my clients with complaints about roosting birds.

This is my 4th day on the quite large job and it was stopped mid morning because of repeated complaints from one resident who was extremely concerned that we were disturbing roosting and nesting birds

After not getting very far with the complaints she then told my clients that she would ring the police and that she had seen me throwing nests out of the conifers :confused1:

My clients know me very well and know different luckily, they also know I put in around 200 hours unpaid conservation work last year.

It bothers me that someone can be so evil as to shite on someone like that with total disregard for them, they could have cost me a contract had the clients not known me so well.

My clients went over to speak to the woman who then said everything was fine and that I was obviously doing a very professional job She went on to say she hadn't been watching me and hadn't meant what she said:confused1:

Somtimes you can't do right for doing wrong