Ashman-do you know him?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I know where you are coming from Tony. Nothing worse than a bookshelf of books that just sit there. Much better this shared bookshelf. The money thing would be a pain but so is a missing book.. Hmmmm.....

Inner dilemma:001_smile:

I suppose I was bound to get a bit personal when the first went missing, especialy THAT one, which was and is my all time best book.

its cool, and indeed this is, and not just mine anymore, this shared shelf is also now Andrew cowans shared bookshelf, and andy's shelf made mine look like a bedside reading shelf!:blushing:

Im racking my brains about it, but Im not going to change it, it works and is valued and best of all its almost free, a rare rare thing in this day and age.:thumbup1:

But money raised from deposits, let's say £5 per book x10 books is another book for the shelf every 6 weeks, the club gains, Tonys happier cos he has more books to send out, the members gain cos they have a better selection, please tell me what's wrong with that?

I think, over the profit making scheme it will have to be a deposit based scheme but then you run into paperwork issues with tax and credibility to hold customers money with fsa. I personally think this is a great idea, it opens people up to new books and helps those who are starting out gain better understanding of different subjects. Like so many things in life, soon as you add money to situation there are always trouble, yes you may get some bad apples that have no intention of returning books but you will get this if a £50 book only costs them a fiver. I personally think that maybe some people will genuinely forget to return and maybe have to be reminded but some will have other agendas, if this is the case the leaning they get from a cheap book may not be worth the risk of black listing on such sites as arb talk uktc and etc which overall the leaning will be much greater. I hope this issue doesn't put you of the such good work your doing for every one and dont change a thing as simple is always better and apologise for lack of grammar as weren't to good at school.

Edited by samarb
Grammar to start with feel free to make any other corrections.

apologise for lack of grammar as weren't to good at school.

You and me both my friend, NEVER worry about gramer here, it really doesnt stop anyone understanding, its only the pedants that care about such issues, not everyone has great grammer, me included, but we can still hold our own!:thumbup1: