Marlow Boa lanyard

Arran Turner

all well and said ewan but iv never found a lanyard to be too heavy. iv never stood at thebottom of a tree and thought"i wish my lanyardwas a feww 100grms lighter"

Also hardware usually conforms too a minimum andmaximum rope diametre. not just for a thinner line

Jake:thumbup1:

if you have only used standard arb kit, due to training thats the feelings you have.

I have been climbing/abseiling for 25yrs, so everything is looked at in essence.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When im talking about ropes being easy to cut im referring to the ropes commonly used in Arb, of course 38mm rope is harder to cut than 8mm, but you wouldnt be using a 38mm climbing line or lanyard. The difference between 13mm down to 8mm is pretty insignificant, my reference wasnt to all rope it was to ropes used in Arb as you cannot tell someone that it is safer to use 13mm climbline than 11mm because this mean that someone could easily deem it fine to throw there saw round like a madman and feel because someone stated its hard to cut through as its 13 not 11. I have alao cut alot of rope in my time and havr seen how hard it is to cut spectra, dyneema and technora core with scissors, i have also hit my lanyards a couple of times including a 10mm Ap lanyard, when undrr tensions it was pretty easy.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

What is dynamic rope? Just thought it would be neat for rec climbing. Could be useful at work. Will have a play and report back . Can you use a cinch instead of a prussic on a secondary line ? Or can someone explain where you can and can't use a cinch

Arran

The cinch is a very versatile tool, it is rated for single line use unlike the positioner, so if you use a 4m lanyard you can use the whole 4m, helps when your in those tricky spots, it releases underload is easy to take in slack. I sometimes take it off my strop to use it as a descender when working a pole. I have used it as w small secondary system and it works okay. It works well in the rain and performs better on sappy trees than a prussic

The cinch is a very versatile tool, it is rated for single line use unlike the positioner, so if you use a 4m lanyard you can use the whole 4m, helps when your in those tricky spots, it releases underload is easy to take in slack. I sometimes take it off my strop to use it as a descender when working a pole. I have used it as w small secondary system and it works okay. It works well in the rain and performs better on sappy trees than a prussic

Your selling it tome, I think I might put my positioner up for sale.

I would rather use an 11mm doublebraid over a 13mm 16strand anyday. Its lighter and if you cut the cover with a saw the core will still hold you (i know :) ). Cut the cover of a 16strand and all thats holding you is a core which is not load bearing unless i am mistaken..

If you want a rope lanyard that is cut resistant get sterling tritech 11mm. Drew B will tell you all about it, he uses it unlike myself..